A CUSTOM BECKER BK2 for Larry917

Here is the second custom Camillus BK-2 I have made. This one is for Larry917. This is a blank I found on Ebay that never had the black finish coat put on it. We had a couple issues with this one. I was doing the handles in Desert Iron wood and had one handle on and drilled, I went to put the second one on and the glue setup on me and it was too far forward. So back to the drawing board. I went on a hunt for more Desert Iron wood and found some beauties. The whole knife has been hand worked and buffed. Larry did the hand sanding on the handles and did a great job. Larry said he wanted a mirror finish so wanting to take my own knives to another finish level agreed. So here it is, all that is left is to make his sheath. Thanks Larry for the chance to do this one for you. I also have a third one that will be in the works very soon for marcelocantu. Keep watching for the next one. Doug

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

looks great man, I like the old school presentation, wood and mirror. It works well with this knife. I also think a busse style treatment would be a great mod, like a satin finish blade with g10/micarta. Cant go wrong with the bk2.

Outstanding work! I like my BK2...but just fell head over heels for that one.
Well done!

Thanks for the comments and compliments. I cant wai to do the third one now. His will be more of a satin finish. Doug

WOW....

Hard to believe such a good looking knife lurks about in there.....Really nice work !!!...

All Best....

ethan

Thanks Ethan. I was real happy with the results of this one. Thanks everyone else for the compliments. Doug

WOW bee u tea full. Ethan's excellent design and top quality blade with your magnificent hand finish gives this knife all the appeal and beauty of a one off custom, Very impressive

Long Rider and Roger thanks much for your compliments. I will be having a few more of these to come, so keep watch. Doug

Wow! Truly beautiful. Makes my stock BK-2 look like an ugly stepsister (she's got a good heart, though).

Cool... my original BlackJack Campanion in 1095 is ugly as sin with a minesweeper-gray epoxy coat and beat-up grips... kind of a Sherman tank of knives. Nice to know what lurks underneath.

It's amazing, really, that something as plain as the stock BK-2 can look so good with a little lipstick and makeup. I buy Becker knives as strong, tough, functional tools that will do the job whenever called upon. For me the BK-2 is my "Goldilocks"*knife: not too big, not too small, but just right. Even in its drab, stock, coated black it has a certain beauty to it that says strength and efficiency: I'm here to work.

But when you put that lipstick on, oh Mama! She'll do you proud to take to the ball. Kinda reminds me of a red headed girl I used to date ... but that's another story.

Bob Dawson

i'm loving that glow from the wood. Sent my father the pic and he likes it too. (woodworker)

Thanks Bushman, I was happy with it, along with Larry when it was finished. Doug

Back