• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

A different take on the USPS

Kettleman

I left when this stopped being fun
BANNED
Platinum Member
WTF is happening over there. I have not had 1 of the 20 packages shipped to me in the last month show up on time. EVERY ONE OF THEM LATE! Today alone I have 5 scheduled to be delivered 4 USPS-1 FED EX. The only one thats even in the correct state is FED-Ex and it will be at my door today.

People should stop paying for priority because it sure as hell isn’t. Save the 3-10 dollars and ship ground or better yet forget they exist for packages and ship UPS or FED-Ex

This doesn't even cover the 15 I mailed this month that only 1 was on time….

Makes me wish amazon actually sold real knives. You could get them in 22 hours!

/rant

Amazon is no bargain lately, either. I actually have gotten a few *real* knives there, a couple at ridiculously low prices. But their promised 2-day delivery for Prime is a load of crap.

I’ve found USPS to be hit or miss. In fact at this very moment a new knife was just placed in my mailbox, on schedule. But I’ve had them lose a few items, including one nice knife delivered to somewhere in the next town. They knew exactly where it went, but were still unable to recover it. I’ve had stuff get routed half way around this pimple of a state, but eventually get here. I’d have to say that most often they’re pretty good.

I have zero love for FedEx - they’re never on time around here, and I’ve watched them beat the piss out of packages when they do finally arrive.

ALL shippers have been hit or miss (mostly miss) lately. USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL, and OnTrac have all significantly missed their shipping estimates for me in the past month. No clue. Some of the websites have "Bad Weather" notices, but there are times where that doesn't make sense either. 🤷‍♂️

I just think its hard to get good employees..... Anywhere/Everywhere.

Doesn't matter if you are looking for a doctor, a priest, or a mailman.

USPS loses hundreds of millions of dollars a year and they tend to be very hit and miss but in my experience really no more than FedEX, the only one I've seen at least around here be reliable is UPS.

Bigger question is why people have become so impatient that a few extra days is so detrimental I mean we used to wait weeks before we got our packages when we ordered from magazines or other sources including fleabay.

Now if you're paying for a service and they aren't delivering on their "schedule window" that's a justified complaint but I think people would be a lot happier if they didn't expect everything in 2 days.

USPS loses hundreds of millions of dollars a year and they tend to be very hit and miss but in my experience really no more than FedEX, the only one I've seen at least around here be reliable is UPS.

Bigger question is why people have become so impatient that a few extra days is so detrimental I mean we used to wait weeks before we got our packages when we ordered from magazines or other sources including fleabay.

Now if you're paying for a service and they aren't delivering on their "schedule window" that's a justified complaint but I think people would be a lot happier if they didn't expect everything in 2 days.
USPS has been a solid few days late on every single delivery to me for a few months now. When you’re paying for “priority 2-3 day service” and it shows up in 6-8 you ain’t getting what you pay for.

It’s bullshit.

What really chaps my hide is that something will come all the way from Cali or somewhere in New England in ONE day, then bumble around here for 5-6 before it gets to me.

Well, in the case of Amazon, we’re paying a premium for Prime. When things are late (or lost altogether), we’re not getting what we’re paying for. Sure they refund the cost of what you bought and they lost, but there’s no refund on that Prime membership.

As for other carriers, often time people make special arrangements to be home when their packages are expected to be delivered. For working stiffs who don’t have the benefit of working from home, that’s not always easy to do. In fact for some people it’s a major inconvenience. I understand that sometimes ‘shit happens’, but some of these carriers abuse the excuse a bit too often.

USPS has been a solid few days late on every single delivery to me for a few months now. When you’re paying for “priority 2-3 day service” and it shows up in 6-8 you ain’t getting what you pay for.

It’s bullshit.
Yeah, this. Don't quote me 2-3 days if you can't make it happen. :rolleyes: It really sucks when you're trying to get something to it's delivery address inside a certain window, because otherwise you'll miss the person.

It’s bullshit.

What really chaps my hide is that something will come all the way from Cali or somewhere in New England in ONE day, then bumble around here for 5-6 before it gets to me.
Exactly what Im talking about.

Yeah, this. Don't quote me 2-3 days if you can't make it happen. :rolleyes: It really sucks when you're trying to get something to its delivery address inside a certain window, because otherwise you'll miss the person.
That and If I have one scheduled I go home for lunch to keep the porch pirates at bay.

Well, in the case of Amazon, we’re paying a premium for Prime. When things are late (or lost altogether), we’re not getting what we’re paying for. Sure they refund the cost of what you bought and they lost, but there’s no refund on that Prime membership.

As for other carriers, often time people make special arrangements to be home when their packages are expected to be delivered. For working stiffs who don’t have the benefit of working from home, that’s not always easy to do. In fact for some people it’s a major inconvenience. I understand that sometimes ‘shit happens’, but some of these carriers abuse the excuse a bit too often.
If carriers are not making their window it's totally understandable to be mad.

My gripe is that people are too impatient now though not that they aren't getting what they pay for.

I just think its hard to get good employees..... Anywhere/Everywhere.

Doesn't matter if you are looking for a doctor, a priest, or a mailman.
this ^

seems very few care about doing a good job let alone doing their actual job completely anymore. true everywhere in every industry.

I used to make jokes decade plus ago about one day we'd be seeing airplanes fall out of the sky often from a lack of care of folks on their job duties. now I see doors blow off, wheels fall off, engines catch fire, pieces falling off of planes, etc. guess my bad joke has started to come true.....sadly......

Atlanta (Palmetto) USPS distribution center has been in the news daily, of late. It's bad there, even by normal USPS ineptitude. I had a pkg ping pong around there for close to a week, before finally getting delivered. I'll consider alternatives for anything I want/need in a timely manner.

this ^

seems very few care about doing a good job let alone doing their actual job completely anymore. true everywhere in every industry.

I used to make jokes decade plus ago about one day we'd be seeing airplanes fall out of the sky often from a lack of care of folks on their job duties. now I see doors blow off, wheels fall off, engines catch fire, pieces falling off of planes, etc. guess my bad joke has started to come true.....sadly......

Eh, I'm not on board (ha) with this. When's the last time an engine fell off a plane (everyone died), an elevator jackscrew's threads got shredded by poor maintenance procedures (everyone died), an uncontained engine failure severed most control hydraulics (most passengers died IIRC), improper cargo caught fire (everyone died), an electrical fault caused a fuel vapor explosion (everyone died), etc. Aviation disasters were a lot rougher decades ago than now. There have been what, 2 or 3 deaths on domestic commercial flights in the last decade?

Back on topic, I haven't noticed delay issues with USPS here lately (but I'm not waiting on knives lately), and Amazon (in their home town!) makes USPS look extremely competent IMO.

WTF is happening over there. I have not had 1 of the 20 packages shipped to me in the last month show up on time. EVERY ONE OF THEM LATE! Today alone I have 5 scheduled to be delivered 4 USPS-1 FED EX. The only one thats even in the correct state is FED-Ex and it will be at my door today.

People should stop paying for priority because it sure as hell isn’t. Save the 3-10 dollars and ship ground or better yet forget they exist for packages and ship UPS or FED-Ex

This doesn't even cover the 15 I mailed this month that only 1 was on time….

Makes me wish amazon actually sold real knives. You could get them in 22 hours!

/rant
I’ve never had a problem shipping or receiving Priority. It always pertains to knives. Just rec’d one today right on time.

It’s been considered that problems may be associated with crooks at specific POs/postmen: No clue, but no problems here.

I bought an Apple Watch March 5th, that shipped from Georgia on the 6th but didn't leave Georgia until the 12th; and then it couldn't be delivered to me on the 14th or 15th due to the winter storm in Colorado. But it should have been here days before the storm. IT WAS NOT Priority Mail, it was 1st class with tracking. So, don't use Postal?

Back