A different type of Okapi

Just 3 weeks ago I got my first Okapi- one of the traditional wood and silver-brass inlayed South African production knives with the funky keyring pull up lock and an edge from the factory that really needs work. While flipping through eBay, I found some very interesting hings out about Okapi. I saw modern South African produced butchers knives and some interesting semi-modern slipjoints. They seemed priced well enough and I ordered a sheepsfoot from a dealer in Australia. He ended up graciously including a second small drop point as well. That was a very nice gesture on his part:) Like the typical Okapis, they were a little off in the fit and finish, but they are affordable, functional knives. And unlike the African knives, these come with a decent edge from the factry. The blades are some sort of stainless (marked INOX), though I don't know the type. These are contract made in Portugal for Okapi. Overall, they are very nice knives that I'll enjoy, alot!

p1000807tq2.jpg

Those are pretty interesting. May have to keep an eye out for some down the road to go with my big Okapi and my Brown Mules in the working class section. Thanks for showing them.

Back