A fan of canoe's...

I'm a fan of canoe style knives - and I'm feeling the urge for a custom. I searched high and low thru this forum (and others) for pictures, and found none. Anybody got a custom canoe knife and willing to post pics and comment on likes and dislikes? Or a link in the right direction? TIA

I carry different knives from time to time, but Canoes are a real good fit in the pocket! None better than the old '50's to '70's Case Canoes.
If you get a custom, you want it SLIM, IMO! One backspring only, the essence of Canoe finely distilled!!

I don't think i've ever seen a custom canoe. It would be interesting to see one. I'm sure most smiths would be willing to tackle the commission.

I carry different knives from time to time, but Canoes are a real good fit in the pocket! None better than the old '50's to '70's Case Canoes.
If you get a custom, you want it SLIM, IMO! One backspring only, the essence of Canoe finely distilled!!

One backspring? Great idea!! Thanks!

I don't think i've ever seen a custom canoe. It would be interesting to see one. I'm sure most smiths would be willing to tackle the commission.

Yep - I'm getting excited! The hunt starts...

Here is a custom canoe that I made about a year ago.
canoeknifeopen.jpg.w560h308.jpg

canoeknifeclosed2.jpg.w560h297.jpg

This canoe was made with Chris Marks damascus.
Let me know what you think...

Back