A few more Solar shots of mine.

HEY....NEW MEMBER HERE....I LOVE YA PICS OF THE SOLAR.....OOPS...ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF...(lol) My husband is the Knife man...not that i'm not into to this also. But just to let you know that Me Jewels.....(DA WIFE) IS WRITING RIGHT NOW. NOT HIM....BUT I'LL BE ON HERE JUST AS MUCH AS HIM. HE DOES MAKE SOME VERY INTERESTING KNIVES, THAT DOES TAKE HIS TIME AWAY FROM ME AND THE KIDS. BUT I LIKE IT... KEEP UP THE GOOD SHOTS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM. MAYBE SOMETIME I CAN SEND YOU SOME OF THE ONES WE TOOK. jewels...:thumbup:

Welcome to Bladeforums, Jewels! Don't use your husband's account; open an account of your own. It's easy, all you need is an email address, and you can use one at gmail or yahoo or anywhere except hotmail or verizon.

MacTech said:
Excellent work, *VERY* professional, you *sure* you don't do this for a living? ;)

Believe me they are not that hard to do. All you need is the right equipment, a little practice and some patience.

Larry B. said:
Believe me they are not that hard to do. All you need is the right equipment, a little practice and some patience.

Larry, nice shots, thanks for posting them. As a serious amateur photographer myself, I will say that these images are much more than luck. There is much skill demonstrate in them as well as patience. Beautiful details.

Are these digital.
Do you any image post processing?

Steve

how bad is camera shake at that distance? or is the shutter speed just really really fast?

I use a canon 10D SLR digital camera that hooks up directly to my solar telescope. I have a very sturdy tripod so there is no shaking at all. I than process the picture to bring out the detail and take out the red coloring. I find this easier to do than taking regular photographs. I don't have to worry about lighting or any of the other things you have to control in photography. I only have to worry about a clear sky with a steady atmosphere. You have to view and photograph the sun when it is high in the sky or you will be looking through to much atmosphere and it will appear to be boiling. I can't tell you how many times I spent an hour setting up on my back deck only to have the clouds roll in.

Gday Larry . i just stumbled upon this thread but i`m glad i did . your pics are amazing and as long as you keep posting them , i`ll keep enjoying them ! Thanks and keep up the good work !

Back