A Few Photos Of The Original Yuma

Mistwalker

Gold Member
A few photos in memory of my short time with the original Yuma as I took it exploring in the south Florida wilderness

I wondered about posting the mag pic, but thought I'd get in trouble.

Wow man, that's awesome. Its hard to believe. But that is indeed the very first Yuma I ever made. I made it to please nobody but myself, and it just floors me the happiness it has brought not only me but everyone that has used it. It has definately come full circle. The first time I used it is when I met Ethan Becker. (Pretty freakin cool) then I lent it to Mistwalker to play with, and it brings him his first cover shot on SRI. (Pretty freakin cool) congradulations Mist! Then, I gave the knife to a buddy of mine who was going through a spell of bad luck, and to this day is one of his most prized possessions. He uses it all the time. Its amazing how much joy that knife has brought. Thanks a lot Mist............and everybody else be sure to check out the mag. I havnt yet myself but will be soon as I get one!

I wondered about posting the mag pic, but thought I'd get in trouble.

Eh, no trouble for posting the cover man, it's like free advertising for them :) It is a good mag though, with some good writers...even if I do say so myself :)

Wow man, that's awesome. Its hard to believe. But that is indeed the very first Yuma I ever made. I made it to please nobody but myself, and it just floors me the happiness it has brought not only me but everyone that has used it. It has definately come full circle. The first time I used it is when I met Ethan Becker. (Pretty freakin cool) then I lent it to Mistwalker to play with, and it brings him his first cover shot on SRI. (Pretty freakin cool) congradulations Mist! Then, I gave the knife to a buddy of mine who was going through a spell of bad luck, and to this day is one of his most prized possessions. He uses it all the time. Its amazing how much joy that knife has brought. Thanks a lot Mist............and everybody else be sure to check out the mag. I havnt yet myself but will be soon as I get one!

It is really cool what all that knife has done and where all it's been. Hell its cracked open roasted stone crabs, cut up meat, dug out punk, split kindling whittled tinder, spread peanutbutter, sparked a ferro rod who knows how many times. It's got some history behind it for sure. I hope your friend never parts with it.

Good stuff, Mistwalker. I do believe you made Todd's week.

Eh, no trouble for posting the cover man, it's like free advertising for them :) It is a good mag though, with some good writers...even if I do say so myself :)

It is really cool what all that knife has done and where all it's been. Hell its cracked open roasted stone crabs, cut up meat, dug out punk, split kindling whittled tinder, spread peanutbutter, sparked a ferro rod who knows how many times. It's got some history behind it for sure. I hope your friend never parts with it.

Oh I assure you he won't let lose of it. I gave it to him free of charge. About 2 months ago I offered to either buy it from him and my full price or make him another to replace it. With his chioce of materials free of charge.............he said Hell No! Now that's graditute for ya! :rolleyes:

Oh I assure you he won't let lose of it. I gave it to him free of charge. About 2 months ago I offered to either buy it from him and my full price or make him another to replace it. With his chioce of materials free of charge.............he said Hell No! Now that's graditute for ya! :rolleyes:

You should tell him to buy a copy of the mag it's in just because :)

I found a farmers market in Florida where Maine lobster was $5.00 a pound...it's like $20.00 a pound here at home. I ate a good bit of it over the two months I was there.

I have held that very knife in my hot little hands, and its a thing of beauty.
The bolster and layering is flawless, no gap or ridges at the transitions, and the contouring feels great.
I am pretty sure that is also the one we beat to crap to see how Todd's stuff holds up, and we couldn't manage to hurt it..lol
It was a hellova thing.
Sharp as sin, and very well balanced too.
When Todd tries to play down his talents, you make sure to call him a liar, because he makes a damn fine blade.

Back