A few recent projects

Brian. Could you tell us about those sheaths? I really like the kydex and the release point on it(the Rosewood is pretty dang fine also). The leather sheath with the two loops has me stumped. I'm loop challenged ( or maybe I'm just plain loopy). Are the loops for horizontal carry or piggy-backing onto another sheath?

Those loops are for horizontal carry. Made them to fit a nice big 2" belt loop. I also like these just for straping this knife to a pack. Dont worry Burnsey...I think I have your piggy back kydex all worked out in my head ;) I like this kydex better than the other stuff I had. This is .080 with a few extra lashing holes. All the holes on the kydex will fit the tec-lok. Even the holes near the tip ;)

blgoode said:
you mean this one?
:eek::eek::eek: ;-)

From what I have seen in pictures (teaser !!!), you did a wonderfull job on everything. Maybe it is because that project will be heading to me soon, but I think the kydex sheath is the best looking you have done so far ...

As far as kydex damaging the wood : time will tell. That's how experience is built. I'm sure you did well, Brian. NOW SEND ME THE DAMN KNIFE AND SHEATHS ;-) ;-) ;-)

Take care mate !

Fabrice

I agree Fab - This is the best kydex I have done so far. It will be to you tomorrow my friend!!!

Hi guys!

The OD Companion landed with me yesterday. I haven't had chance to test her out yet but I will be heading out into the woods next Friday at the very latest....

Thanks Brian for all you help and advice!!

Andy

Brian, I don't know if I've told you this, but I love your knives! They are sweet. The broad blades, ergonomic handles. Man, they just work. Generally what width are your blades? Are you using 1.5" steel or something even broader than that?

In any case, great, great knives. I'm always impressed, particularly by the handles.

This is the best kydex I have done so far
When I saw that picture my first thought was "Huh, I guess Brian sends his knives to Normark for sheaths..." so there you go!

Nomark lives about 2 hrs from me and he has invited me up. I havent made it up there yet ;)
I use 1.5", 2", and soon to be 2.5" stock. Most of my stuff is made from 1.5" material.
I get it from McMastercarr in 3 foot lengths.

Back