A futile search

I have looked everywhere so I thought I would pose a question to the experts here. I am having a hell of a time looking for a very specific color of canvas micarta.

I am on the search for butterscotch canvas micarta and have come up empty. I have found brown, caramel and any other number of variations but am looking for something specific. Anyone have any links or thoughts as to where I might be able to find some that will look like the picture below? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Attachments

• BHK11-15008.jpg
    BHK11-15008.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 61
The Micarta in the photo looks like "natural" canvas Micarta.
The color you see there is the natural color of the phenolic
resin.
It's light sensitive, BTW, and will eventually turn brown.

The Micarta in the photo looks like "natural" canvas Micarta.
Micarta darkens with age, and the handle in the photo will
eventually turn brown.

Fully agree.

Russ is right. The micarta in the pic is "natural", not Butterscotch. I've not seen Butterscotch micarta in years. Check with Alpha Knife Supply....Chuck generally has the "natural" in random sized pieces (most of the time you will hear it referred to as "The old brown micarta")

Well I guess that solves my issue. I have seen so many variants from what is called "natural." True enough that what I have been finding has a darker color. This color really flipped my switch and thought I could find something in that color spectrum form the get go. I will check out Alpha and see what I come up with. I appreciate the quick responses guys!

Micarta is called a lot of different colors depending on who is naming it.
Brown and tan can be a range of colors, from natural to dark. Try a few suppliers and see what they send you.

I got some old military micarta a while ago that had a nice butterscotch color to it. It will look different in pics, I'd follow Stacy's suggestion and order pieces from different suppliers. It's about the cheapest micarta there is.

Back