A.G. Russell Show report?

No, not the Busse tables, we have had some nice reports and pics about that. :thumbup:

I would like to hear the Hogs impressions of the REST of the show. There were some truly great makers there, and I want to know what you saw, what you liked, any table pics, etc.

When we were not annoying Garth and Woz, my wife and i went around and talked to EVERY maker there. I am serious- it took all day Friday and most of Saturday to work our way around the convention.

There was some amazing stuff and many many drool worthy things to be seen.

My favorite maker (besides Busse of course) was Billy Mace- He had some daggers that were unreal looking. There was an integral one with a brain coral inlay that was flawless.

Everyone was very friendly, answering all of my dumb questions and eager to talk about there products. It really was a pretty sweet experience.

Also, Tom brought cookies!!!!

I was really impressed with most of the makers that were at the show. I really liked Billy Heltons work and well this one guys stuff, for the life of me I think it was Busse Combat stuff.................

I walked through the whole thing twice. It was pretty cool to see all of the different makers that showed up. Some of them I talked to for quite a bit and learned a lot. Also, after seeing some of the price tags out there on the customs, I realized how great of a value Jerry's stuff really is. It was a great first show to attend though as it was a more intimate atmosphere.

Tom's cookies and bread were awesome!

Thanks for the kind words!

I loved the show What I noticed was the traditional nature of most of the knives. Many bolstered handles and hollow-ground. I found one maker who had full-convex grinds and convex edges. He said the American Bladesmith Society show in Little Rock is the plave if you like convex stuff and more of the hard-use type.

I also enjoyed the many Damascus knives present.

Back