A Gal's first knife -- Very in progress

Not only is it great to see a female knifemaker around here, but also another Utah maker! Looks like you are headed in the right direction and have the right mind set. I saw some of those amazing first knives from other makers and know mine certainly was not even comparable. But I worked at it and am improving daily. You're off to a great start and with time will be making knives you never thought you would.

I also might be able to help with HT. A good friend of mine who lives in the Salt Lake area does HT for a minimal price. I currently do all mine there whether it's me doing it in his shop or sometimes he just does it for me. He knows his stuff. Shoot me a PM or e-mail and I'd be happy to get you his info. I am setting up more 220 power in my shop to power my own kiln which will free up a lot of time for him. :D He's also a great guy to know that is a wealth of information.

Looks better than my first attempt!

Keep up the good work.

Nice to see pink painted nails near power tools and knives!

Make a hundred more. You'll have fun and all the questions you have now will be answered by then, making room for a thousand more.

Looks like you have plenty of help... if for some reason stuff falls through with Darrin or Jared, I am also in Utah and would be happy to have you HT the blade yourself at my shop when you are ready.

Like the Blog as well.
Ryan

Thanks Ryan! The knife gets sent out tomorrow for heat treat to Darrin. Looking forward to the next steps and getting closer to a finished product. I feel a combination of nerves and excitement!

The main thing is you are having fun. That is what it is all about.

I haven't seen a newbie get this much attention since, ...... well ........., well, since never ( unless you count pimpinsquee).
Must be something about a kinder and gentler newbie that brings the best out in you guys :)

That may be true, Stacy. But it's also because we're dealing with someone who's done some homework and is going about their project in a reasonable fashion. That's the most refreshing part. :)

Charli, I got your blade today. I'll get it done and headed back ASAP. Thanks for the patch, I'll try to dig one up from the Sheriff's office here and send it back with the blade.

Back