Off Topic A Good Woman

It is no secret here that after 48 years of marriage I still consider myself to have won the matrimonial lottery. In old age, memories crop up from time to time.

It was Thanksgiving week, and I was a few days off my second lumbar back surgery and was back at work. Wednesday at noon, my wife was to pick me up at work to travel to her parent's home in Selma. She called me to ask if I she should pack my hunting gear(remarkable in itself). I said no, that I had no business in the woods yet.

That night my brother-in-law asked if I wanted to go hunting next morning. I declined.
He said that he would take me to my favorite oak bottom at Portland Landing and I could set up in a folding chair, no hard walking. I told him I didn't bring my hunting gear. I glanced at my wife. "It's in the trunk" she said.

It's scary having a woman who knows you that well. The little fork horn was a bonus, under the circumstances I had to shoot it.

I'm sure she feels the same about you Mike. You two sound like an amazing team; God bless you both! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lucky man..... BTW..... 15 years with my lovely lady, and I know exactly how fortunate you feel. I can only be so lucky as to last as long as you guys have. Kudos,kudos,kudos.....

Back