1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

A hike down memory lane

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by duncanmclawd, Nov 19, 2010.

1. duncanmclawd

duncanmclawd

Dec 3, 2003
    Hi all,

I thought I'd share some pictures of my latest hike through the local forest.
    I chose to call it "a hike down memory lane" because I have a lot of great
    memories of this place. Back in a simpler time (not even very long ago),
    I used to spent nearly each free day in my summer holiday in this forest with my grandfather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is also a small chapel in the forest.

[​IMG]

One of the reasons I admired my granddad was that he could always surprise
    me by using things he picked up along the way. I will never forget the time
    he showed me how to make a toy from an acorn and a twig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I enjoyed the hike and the time spend outdoors.
    I hope you guys enjoy the pictures too.

Regards

2. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    I love the memory lane pics.

Bryan

3. Wildewinds

Wildewinds

Nov 20, 2006
    Very pretty. What area is that?

4. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Very beautiful shots, sure looks peaceful. Some of the best memories of my childhood are with my dad, grandfather, & my uncle when we were out hunting, fishing, or just out in the woods. It's a shame that "progress" has taken some of that away from other generations. Thank you for taking us along.
    Be safe.