A Hiking Buddy’s Tale

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Pwkelley, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Pwkelley

Pwkelley Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2020
    7EE042E1-286C-4DA1-9258-3562BBD4A343.jpeg
    I want to give a huge shout out to Phillip and the Fiddleback Forge staff.
    I was very fortunate to snag a bone handled Hiking Buddy on the 6/19 FF. On July 4 we were visiting our son, a knife guy, and his family. Of course, I had to show off my new buddy. My son had a nice photo idea, as you can see above, and against my better judgment I offered up the hiking buddy to enhance the photo. You guessed it, about 30 seconds after the pic was snapped my Hiking Buddy and the LT Wright Patriot clattered to the tarmac. The Patriot was unscathed, my knife had some edge damage and a small crack in the handle, my son felt terrible, and I felt pretty foolish.
    A week ago today I sent the knife back to Georgia for repair, to Phillip’s attention. I knew the warranty didn’t cover foolishness and I fully expected to pay for the work. Well, today I received the knife back as good as new, no charge!
    I just don’t know how a company’s customer service can get better than that. I sincerely appreciate it, and I will always have positive thoughts when I use my fabulous Hiking Buddy.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Just good folks at Fiddleback Forge!

3. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Welcome & Glad it made it back.

It arrived at the perfect moment for a speedy return. Andy and i looked over it, I went and fixed the handle and handed it off to Andy as he was doing the edges that day.

Thanks for the kind words:confused:

TPVT, B Griffin, Fiddleback and 6 others like this.
  4. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    It is no surprise here to see a report that Andy @Fiddleback and Phillip @VANCE are good people. :D

5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm very proud of this thread, and very proud of doing this small bit of work for you. Thanks for your support and enthusiasm.

TPVT, B Griffin, Nbrackett and 4 others like this.
  6. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yea this is a fine company that stands behind their products and always there to help a customer. Andy’s always there to help. I even seen him help a guy out by throwing his Hoffman hatchet down the hill.

7. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    In my defense the hatchet was Allens....

B Griffin and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  8. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Completely justified then! :):thumbsup:

9. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    it was mine

10. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    In that case, that's not acceptable
    DPShock.jpg

But back to the main topic ... Andy and Team are friggen OUTSTANDING when it comes to supporting their products and community :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pwkelley, VANCE, Nbrackett and 2 others like this.
  11. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah. All that.
    Andy just did a complete spa treatment on a second hand user Carver for me - gratis.
    Love these fine folks!

Pwkelley, Rufus Magnus and Fiddleback like this.
  12. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    We always try to go farther for y'all than our warranty implies. This is the case until someone abuses the warranty. Luckily thats only happened once or twice in my 12 years in business.

13. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Are broken tips covered?

14. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    You're the one to know that answer the best ;)

Bmurray, NOLA, Nbrackett and 2 others like this.