A Hiking Buddy’s Tale

7EE042E1-286C-4DA1-9258-3562BBD4A343.jpeg
I want to give a huge shout out to Phillip and the Fiddleback Forge staff.
I was very fortunate to snag a bone handled Hiking Buddy on the 6/19 FF. On July 4 we were visiting our son, a knife guy, and his family. Of course, I had to show off my new buddy. My son had a nice photo idea, as you can see above, and against my better judgment I offered up the hiking buddy to enhance the photo. You guessed it, about 30 seconds after the pic was snapped my Hiking Buddy and the LT Wright Patriot clattered to the tarmac. The Patriot was unscathed, my knife had some edge damage and a small crack in the handle, my son felt terrible, and I felt pretty foolish.
A week ago today I sent the knife back to Georgia for repair, to Phillip’s attention. I knew the warranty didn’t cover foolishness and I fully expected to pay for the work. Well, today I received the knife back as good as new, no charge!
I just don’t know how a company’s customer service can get better than that. I sincerely appreciate it, and I will always have positive thoughts when I use my fabulous Hiking Buddy.

Last edited:
Welcome & Glad it made it back.

It arrived at the perfect moment for a speedy return. Andy and i looked over it, I went and fixed the handle and handed it off to Andy as he was doing the edges that day.

Thanks for the kind words:confused:

Back