a liitle differant

nick-algar.jpg

What so different yours are always really nice and so is this one:D. Actually I really like the flow of the lines and the blade shape grinds. Nice knife Jim

thanks guys :)
Dave, it's that high end German Sliver :), also know as Nickel Silver ;)

Oh I don't know, I kinda like the ricasso that way. Gives it a little bit of a different profile, but I like it. Nice piece :)

~Nate

I like it a lot... just seems you went a bit overboard with the ricasso
haha that's the little different about it.. the customer wanted it that way you know the saying, the customer is always right, :eek: :) though I would have liked to have made it with a little curve to it..

That a gut hook at the ricasso? I like the knife
no gut hook, if one was done there it would defeat the propose of a gut hook, at least if the knife was sharp :D you'd ponch the animal with it there..
that is just a hung blade.. or at least it's what I call it.. thanks Guys..:)

That's cool Dan, I've never been a fan of gut hooks and try to dissuade my customers from getting them but some people lol

Will
formerly known as badbamaump

That's cool Dan, I've never been a fan of gut hooks and try to dissuade my customers from getting them but some people lol

Will
formerly known as badbamaump

I've managed to not put them on any of my knives so far :D not that I haven't been ask to do so once or twice.. :) but I'm not totally convinced that the customer is always right yet :D I will budge but not that far

I like it, although that ricasso does look like a gut hook. But if that's what they wanted, you did a fine job overall. Great hollow grind. I'm still trying to perfect that.

I look at the recasso and the hung blade (style) as to different terms as you can see with this one it's is more pronounced. I've always like the medieval axes the way the edges arced out so I put a little of that in to some of my knives , I will say they are not very functional
gray121.jpg

Back