A little annoyed with what I saw on instagram

`br4dz-

Gold Member
Bit of a rant and rave, but I was browsing around Instagram on the browse/search tab. I stumbled upon a knife someone was showing off that looked like a cheap knockoff clone of a zt 0055 (because it was), and I decided to check out the guy that posted it. Looked at his profile, 2200-ish posts, around 1000 of those posts were of cheap Chinese knock offs and gas station knives that he owned and was showing off, and that everyone that follows him seems to love. The kicker? 122,000 followers. 122k followers blinding following and liking someone who is buying a bunch of cheap $20-$30 chinese clones and knock offs. Compare that to nick Shabazz whom only has 15,000, even the brand ZT had less followers than this guy. I'm about sick with what I just looked at and discovered. How is this even possible? It is one thing if you're on a budget or like cheap knives, but I mean, he is posting new knives he bought almost daily, I just....I'll stop.

Last edited:
kim kardashian has 100+ million followers, go figure. Just consider yourself part of the elite and not a follower.

Some major truth spoken here. I'm just coming from the position of I didn't realize that there were that many people that liked knives that don't have a moral compass or understanding of what clones and fakes do. To me I see it that there are much more people that are into that kind of stuff than the real deal, which is sickening to me.

Some major truth spoken here. I'm just coming from the position of I didn't realize that there were that many people that liked knives that don't have a moral compass or understanding of what clones and fakes do. To me I see it that there are much more people that are into that kind of stuff than the real deal, which is sickening to me.

It’s unlikely that many of them know the knives are clones.

H. L. Mencken once wrote that “Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” The Kardashians, Jenners and countless others validate that statement again with every passing day in FB, YT, IG and Twitter.

The poster you described sounds eerily like a garbage Chinese clone knife-worshipping troll who got banned from BF a little while ago. The gospel you described is identical. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same guy and I wouldn’t be surprised if he reads this thread before the day is over.

It is all about Price Price Price. They don't care if something is a clone or fake or whatever you want to call it. These are the "unclean masses" we're talking about.... it won't change.

dont use those sites. never will. doubt they care if I do or dont.

wouldnt want 112k followers following my bad idears and thoughts. my advice ignore it and spend your limited and valuable time on things that actually matter and that make ya happy and entertain ya.

Bit of a rant and rave, but I was browsing around Instagram on the browse/search tab. I stumbled upon a knife someone was showing off that looked like a cheap knockoff clone of a zt 0055 (because it was), and I decided to check out the guy that posted it. Looked at his profile, 2200-ish posts, around 1000 of those posts were of cheap Chinese knock offs and gas station knives that he owned and was showing off, and that everyone that follows him seems to love. The kicker? 122,000 followers. 122k followers blinding following and liking someone who is buying a bunch of cheap $20-$30 chinese clones and knock offs. Compare that to nick Shabazz whom only has 15,000, even the brand ZT had less followers than this guy. I'm about sick with what I just looked at and discovered. How is this even possible? It is one thing if you're on a budget or like cheap knives, but I mean, he is posting new knives he bought almost daily, I just....I'll stop.

Easy 115,000 of those followers are bots.

I also dislike clones. However, nowadays there are far too many things in the world that one can be disgusted about and stress over. It's probably better not add what types of knives other people like to that list.

Jim

Shabazz videos are fun. However, after his recent comments complaining about comfort when pushing his thumb hard down on the spine of a slip joint for hard cuts shows a little about his knowledge, as well as that of his followers. Gideonstactical made the same comment. I don't think any of their followers commented on that.

"The cream always rises to the top, and so does the scum".

There are always going to be a large percentage of people that get drawn to all things meaningless and insipid. That is how we get things like "Pet rocks", "the 4 bimbos of the apocalypse" (Paris, Britanny, Nicole, & Kim), the "National Inquirer" and the majority of our elected officials. That will never change. As long as he isn't breaking the law, it is best to just let it go.

The world needs all sorts of people, for all sorts of things. It doesn't need us to understand why it needs them or approve of them.

Some people want the real thing but don't want to pay for it,so there is a great market for the money these people will spend.
There is a big market for knock off's if they are happy with what they are getting so be it.
Myself i feel save up enough to buy the real thing it's proven to be the best path.

Question:
What is "Instagram"?
Isn't it just another worthless, meaningless "Social Networking" site, like Facebook?
Isn't it full of loosers with no real life friends, and who need to put down everyone to "feel good" about themselves, and show (among other things) their stupidity talking about things they have no knowledge of as if they are "experts" on the subject? Spread lies as "truth", and hatred and ridicule against those who have the gall to disagree with them or worse, call them out on their lies?

I'm willing to bet that many of those followers are fake.

The public is generally ignorant about knives, so it's not hard to imagine that some people might actually be into clones/fakes.

Back