A Little Gallery of my Work

Ivan Campos

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have been away from the foruns for quite some - over a decade, as a matter of fact, time and thought it would be a goof idea to show some of the knives I have created over these years.totally
Kitchen knives have become my specialty but I also make a lot of small EDC knives compact fighters and friction folders. Despite the materials chosen for the project, most f what I do is proected and built to be used day in, day out.
Today I am posting only a few pics of kitchen knives and I´ll add more in the next days.
Lote me know how you like them!
bf7.jpg

A k-tip gyuto with a colorful stabilized wood handle contrasting with the stainless clad, hand rubbed blade.

bf10.jpg
A couple pair of usubas and one kamagata usuba.

bf25.jpg
Cai dao in damascus steel and stabilized wood.

bf35.jpg
Epoxi coated gyuto with clear imbuia wood handle.

bf2.jpg
A very typical gyuto from my Cutting Machine series in 52100 steel and guajuvira wood handle.

bf8.jpg
Damascus steel nakiri with Jacarandá da Bahia wood handle.

bf16.jpg
The commemorative laser etch that was put on a small series last year.

Looking good, Ivan. Glad to see your progress...and to see you back here again, my friend.

Looking good, Ivan. Glad to see your progress...and to see you back here again, my friend.
And I am glad to be back and see old friends still around. BF has had a great influence n my career since I joined this place.
Hope to have a beer with you at this year´s Blade Show!

Now, some non-kitchen knife ics, mostly EDC and friction folders.
bf1.jpg
I have made many kiridashis in all sizes and shapes. This one is the latest I finished and it is going to a fellow here from Bladeforums soon.

bf9.jpg
More kiridashis some of them in damascus steel.

bf17.jpg
A compact EDC nife along with my big toy :)

barebones.jpg
A more aggressive skeleton style knife from my Bare Bones series.

bf4.jpg
Friction folders I made some ten years ago.

bf29.jpg
A more recent friction folder in damascus steel.

bf20.jpg
More friction folders. I really enoy making them.

brkami6002.jpg
Just one more! This is one of the versions of my Higonocampos folder, wich is obviously inspired on the traditional Japanese higonokami and has had many variations (no, I did not come up with this name but it has stuck!)

Hope you are enjoying!

And before you all get bored, here are a few more pics!
17778742_10212931506386813_2125938196_o.jpg
Here is a very robust pikal in 510 steel.

3cw.jpg
A couple tantos and a Bare Bones with Japanese cord wrapped handle all with abstract shaped damascus steel menukis.

2newwf600.jpg
Two variations, one being a training version in aluminium and with no edge or point, of the Wilson Fighter, wich was an idea of martail arts teacher ames Wilson, from Louisiana. Maybe he is still here on the forums.

bbclipedit.jpg
A clip point Bare Bones with apanese style handle.

bf31.jpg
This is a long santoku wth a dragon fire carved on its handle, this is an original artwork done freehand by a tatoo artist (that also happens to make my own tatoos :) )

bt3.jpg
Very robust tanto in 510 steel.

neck3700.jpg
Lttle neck knife. I made many variations of this.

bf32.jpg
The Vendetta, obviously inpired by the Corsican original, is my latest design of fighter. It has become a very popular model.

bf22.jpg
A ti friction folder. The blade is Nichols Damascus.

Very cool Ivan! I remember you from the USN more than ten years ago and had the privilege of owning one of your knives then, it was a simple cord-wrapped 5160 spear point, but it was one of my first customs. Glad to see you still around and making knives, you've definitely learned a lot over the last ten years!

Back in those days, I was very active in the knife related foruns especially here and on the USN and most of the knives I made then were sold overseas so Im sure many people here still have them.
Hope you enjoyed that knife!
And yes, I have learned a trick or two :) since those days!

Here are a few more pics.
abdam1.jpg
My frst - if not one of the first - damascus knife made with stabilized wood and damascus from Alabama Damascus some twelve years ago.

bf11.jpg
A deba in stabilized buckeye burl and 52100 steel. Last knife I made on my old homeshop.

bf12.jpg
And another deba, this time in damascus steel.

cpnew2700.jpg
I only made a couple of these more tribal looking uyility knives. A cool proect.

dam1326001.jpg
A big damascus knifewith bocote handle slabs.

lostinboston2.jpg
This model is called "Lost in Boston" and is a collaboration with my friend Lucas Almeida, who's been living there for a good while now.

spatula.jpg
A very unique proect: a bakers spatula in damascus steel and stabilized wood.

Thank you!
here are some more.

5dam4.jpg

Last edited:
That Vendetta looks like it belongs in a WW1 trench. With one other picture, I was about to shout "That's not a knife, that's a .45 semi-auto..."

Its a .40, actually :cool:
The Vendetta is more sized for concealed carry, being light and thin. Maybe I should make a "trench grade" Vendetta one day.

Back