A little late, but here are the top 100 April Fool's Day hoaxes!

The Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time

#4: The Taco Liberty Bell
In 1996 the Taco Bell Corporation announced that it had bought the Liberty Bell from the federal government and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of outraged citizens called up the National Historic Park in Philadelphia where the bell is housed to express their anger. Their nerves were only calmed when Taco Bell revealed that it was all a practical joke a few hours later. The best line inspired by the affair came when White House press secretary Mike McCurry was asked about the sale, and he responded that the Lincoln Memorial had also been sold, though to a different corporation, and would now be known as the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial.

#8: The Left-Handed Whopper
In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."

#9: Hotheaded Naked Ice Borers
In its April 1995 issue Discover Magazine announced that the highly respected wildlife biologist Dr. Aprile Pazzo had discovered a new species in Antarctica: the hotheaded naked ice borer. These fascinating creatures had bony plates on their heads that, fed by numerous blood vessels, could become burning hot, allowing the animals to bore through ice at high speeds. They used this ability to hunt penguins, melting the ice beneath the penguins and causing them to sink downwards into the resulting slush where the hotheads consumed them. After much research, Dr. Pazzo theorized that the hotheads might have been responsible for the mysterious disappearance of noted Antarctic explorer Philippe Poisson in 1837. "To the ice borers, he would have looked like a penguin," the article quoted her as saying. Discover received more mail in response to this article than they had received for any other article in their history.

OK so its about 6 am yesterday and I shuffle out of bed into the bathroom (with shoelace in hand) hehehe. I sit down on the shitter and scream.....the Mrs. comes running in and I slowly pull this shoelace up from in between my legs from inside the bowl. AND I keep pulling yelling "What the hell is in me" :eek: ..................you guys had to see the look on her face....pricelesss!
I might not get laid for a month but it was worth it to see her expression. :D
Loandr.

Yesterday, a local radio station announced a new law that was being actively enforced within the boundaries of Duval County. Apparently, the law prohibited people from smoking cigarettes while driving. They had people calling in and lamenting about how they were pulled over and given a $250.00 fine for smoking while driving. The radio announcer kept emphasizing that the new law only applied to drivers in Duval county.

Last year, a local radio station (I'm not certain if it's the same station) announced that the Superbowl was moved from Jacksonville to New York. The mayor's office was inundated with very outraged telephone calls regarding the change. The mayor was pretty angry about it.

Yesterday my co-worker told me April Fools wasnt until the 2nd and ya know what I said (im not joking) , I said "really?? I thought it was today.." Yea... Im gullible.. :(

Back