A neo-Frontier sheath and some gun leather...

While waiting on the parts for the next WildGoo combo (the Frambo, a BIG effing Bowie http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586968 ) - I put this sheath together along with some Old West gun leather, a period Bowie, and it's sheath (see below)...
I call this a neo-Frontier since the knife is a "modern" style made by Muela albeit a variation on a Bowie (I did age it though per the customer's request.) - on the other hand this style sheath would be not be out of place for the mid-1800's.......
knife-sheath-Cales-muela2-1.jpg

knife-sheath-Cales-muela2-2.jpg

knife-sheath-Cales-muela2-3.jpg

It's deer rawhide over a vegtan liner decorated with a bit of scratching and tacks on the lower part, a few spots on the belt loop, a German Silver concho, some lacing, and fringe on the cuff .......kind of "plain" for me I know :D , but it makes for a real nice change of pace (it took hours instead of days!)...
It's going bear hunting next month along with the owner's new C Sharps Arms M74 in 45-70.......

I also have to give a nod to Karen Shook - I stitched up the edge seams in a variation of her inimitable style......

Gunrig-1870s_Hammond_01-1.jpg

Gunrig-1870s_Hammond_01-3.jpg

Gunrig-1870s_Hammond_01-4.jpg

Mate those are sperb, as always:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks for sharing.
Mitch

Very very nice! The amount of attention to detail always blows me away. :)

Thanks for posting those Chuck! :D

Chuck, your work is on a whole other level. That is really just an outstanding package...

WOW!!!!

That is absolutely stunning, makes me a little faint :D :thumbup:

Enjoyed the eye candy as usual Chuck. Always admired your work. The finished work is stunning, I can't imagine the time and thought that goes into your art form. Regards, Loosearrow

Back