Recommendation? A new Vantage modification with great materials.

I think the flipping would be helped primarily by a stronger detent. Some jimping on the flipper tab might help. Not having nylon washers may help as well.

New here and have one of these. I may need prefer to take the rivets out and replace with screws. Need to find the right size standoff or Chicago screw.

Agree it's a good candidate to go on a diet. Maybe remove the back spacer entirely and replace with standoffs?

EDIT: Anybody have a good source for parts? I checked USA Knifemaker and they have stuff that may work. Looking for a larger selection of standoff styles. Would also like to see some anodized options.

Last edited:
An easier fix is to find one of the older versions with screwed construction and just swap the blade and handles. That’s what I did and it’s lighter and flips better.

Great suggestion. Is the model # different? Without that not sure how we'll know which one is pinned or not.

Last edited:
On paper this knife ticked off a lot of boxes for me. In hand, I ended up reshaping the handle and liner lock. Another issue, is that I tried to disassemble the pivot, but felt if I used more torque, I might strip the screw...

Although I don't mind the weight, one option might be to drill holes right through the micarta into the steel. Basically like some of Keyman's 710 scales. I don't really mind the weight though, and am pretty happy with the feel after I reshaped the handle... I'm sure the opening action will become smoother with more use.

I'll take a picture illustrating the mods when I get back home, but I don't know if you will even notice them. I recently picked up a BM 575 which is about the same size and is my recent EDC, so the Vantage is waiting for it's next rotation duty.

New here and have one of these. I may need prefer to take the rivets out and replace with screws. Need to find the right size standoff or Chicago screw.

Agree it's a good candidate to go on a diet. Maybe remove the back spacer entirely and replace with standoffs?

EDIT: Anybody have a good source for parts? I checked USA Knifemaker and they have stuff that may work. Looking for a larger selection of standoff styles. Would also like to see some anodized options.

I buy knifemaking supplies from Jantz knifemaking.com
Texas knife supply
Pops knife supply
And knifekits.com

Unfortunately this knife is no longer showing on the skblades web site. Maybe he's not getting any more of them?

Back