a paracord cozy for field carry of nalgene bottle - never again!

Today and yesterday, and the day before, and the day before... I made progress on this sling/pouch/cozy for a nalgene. the loops will allow clipping to a pack or attaching a shoulder sling. Never again! this is sooo tedious, I've got 75'+ into this already and still 2.5" left to cover, then the bottom. remind me please not to do this again. Here is the progress shot.

004-7.jpg

That is INSANE!

Oh man,some of the loops at the top aren't even,you need to start over.
JK,that looks awesome,but I can surely understand..Never again!
I'm lazy & just made a noose on each end of a length of cord to go around the neck of a bottle.
At least you'll have plenty of cord when SHTF.

I've been wanting to make one of these as I spend most evenings in front of the tv playing with paracord. I just couldn't wrap my head around where to begin. Looks excellent though. I've seen the "simpler" ones made to carry 2liter bottles, or any pop bottle with the 5 segmented mounds on the bottom. Might try that before I go for the full basket weave.

That looks really cool. But I can really see how that would take a while :eek:

Oh man,some of the loops at the top aren't even,you need to start over.
JK,that looks awesome,but I can surely understand..Never again!
I'm lazy & just made a noose on each end of a length of cord to go around the neck of a bottle.
At least you'll have plenty of cord when SHTF.

Not sure if I'll end up using for hiking etc. This is pretty heavy. I usually mekea quick sling wig jug knot

My hat is off to you, that's a piece of work. I would hate to be in a situation where I needed some para cord in a bad way and that was all I had, talk about a dilemma.

I don't think I'd use it for hiking. . . I'd get into a pinch and be thinking "I really need some cordage to make a shelter. . . But I spent so much time making this. . . I can't bear to take it apart. . . " And then I'd freeze to death. :)

In all seriousness though, that looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing pics once it's completed.

Knots.......I mean nuts :D
A square simmonet knot drives me crazy but that? WOW !
Good work though. That's a lot of para.

What the hell. It looks fantastic. Just go ahead and finish it.

Cool "exercise in style", but I wouldn't want it for real use.
It is not really needed and all that paracord would soak loads of water and teake forever to dry.
Yet fun for sure (I mean to look at, well, not as much as doing it).

what was your goal for doing that? seems to me it was time better spent hiking and practicing outdoor skills and enjoying nature in general :eek:

My hat is also off to you!!! OMG the time and patience required is something else... Cool work.

My hat is off to you, that's a piece of work. I would hate to be in a situation where I needed some para cord in a bad way and that was all I had, talk about a dilemma.

I don't think I'd use it for hiking. . . I'd get into a pinch and be thinking "I really need some cordage to make a shelter. . . But I spent so much time making this. . . I can't bear to take it apart. . . " And then I'd freeze to death. :)

In all seriousness though, that looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing pics once it's completed.

I think I'll just curl up with it and die rather than take it apart to tie a shelter up....

How much for a sweater? ;)
no problem$10,000

what was your goal for doing that? seems to me it was time better spent hiking and practicing outdoor skills and enjoying nature in general :eek:
in all seriousness I was commissioned to make it by a friend, so it needs to be finished and I'll be passing it on. This weekend I almost got it done. I've done the more practical beer koozie for myself! I do this stuff at night with beer and TV, my only time to unwind. I like to keep buzy however and can't sit idle hence the knotwork.

Impressive!
It looks like you could dismantle it and make an entire hammock.

Back