A possible new way to tighten scabbards?

I was tinkering with the scabbard to my FF a bit ago and discovered something new to me. I inserted the chakma in between the two little leather pieces that hold the karda & chakma and gently pried it apart a little ways. The FF was in the scabbard and I noticed the back piece of the scabbard was being pried towards the kukri.
I manipulated my hands around so that I could pry and tug at the kukri at the same time and saw that there was a definite improvement in the scabbard tightness.
I'm thinking perhaps a 1/4" piece wide or so of slightly tapered wood inserted at the area between the back of the scabbard and the wood behind the little tools could be used to effectively tighten the scabbard to hold the kukri tighter.
It could be glued in place I think. It would have to be whittled to fit in order to control how tight the scabbard would get around the kukri, but that wouldn't be a problem for most of us.:)

The reason I did it was because I was trying to see if I could get a little more room in this area for my new and improved kardas I'm making for my Foxy Folly. I will have to replace the current leather pieces in there but it will work and I will be able to have some decent sized handles on my kardas.:D
Works for me!!!!

I don't have time to try this right away and won't for some time, but if someone does try this I would really like to know about it.:D

Back