1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

A quick visit to GEC

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by FSU1992, Jan 29, 2020.

1. FSU1992

FSU1992

Feb 23, 2014
    Ever since I bought my first GEC I have wanted to visit the GEC factory but life has gotten in the way. I could not go to the rendezvous this past year and I hated that I missed it.
    Now life shifts again and I find myself about to move much farther away from Titusville. I currently live in Cincinnati OH and am moving to Austin TX. So I am going to hit the road tomorrow afternoon and drive the 5+ hours to Titusville and do the plant tour and hit the factory store on Friday.
    All of that said if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Let them know you are coming! The cutlers go home at 3:30 (2:30 on Friday!) and the admin. leaves at 4:30! Go as early as you can, and have fun!!:)

mrknife, Ramrodmb and willc like this.
  3. FSU1992

FSU1992

Feb 23, 2014
    Thanks, I plan on being there when they open on Friday.

4. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Bring doughnuts!!!

JohnDF and FSU1992 like this.
  5. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    If you like the pins (or buttons) it'll be your chance to stock up. As of about a month ago, there were plenty of different ones available. They're in a basket next to the one display. Every time I'm in there, especially with the kids, we grab one each of any new pins.

JohnDF and FSU1992 like this.