• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

A tale of two shops

Decided to buy a Sebenza because I am thinning down the herd and am going minimalist (but that's another story). I bought a large from a BF supporter store late one night and selected the free shipping option. Almost immediately received email notification that the order was placed. 72 hours later, I received notification that they had processed the order for shipment. Tracking number shows that it hasn't been picked up yet.
One day later, I decided to buy the clip insert since I would be taking the clip out. This store didn't have any so I found an insert at another store (also a BF supporter). Placed the order, again late at night, and had to pay for shipping (I chose the least expensive option). Immediately received a confirmation that the order was placed. The next morning I received confirmation that the order was processed and ready to ship.
I just thought it interesting that one company takes 72 hours to process a $450 order and another processed a $15 order as soon as they opened.

Decided to buy a Sebenza because I am thinning down the herd and am going minimalist (but that's another story). I bought a large from a BF supporter store late one night and selected the free shipping option. Almost immediately received email notification that the order was placed. 72 hours later, I received notification that they had processed the order for shipment. Tracking number shows that it hasn't been picked up yet.
One day later, I decided to buy the clip insert since I would be taking the clip out. This store didn't have any so I found an insert at another store (also a BF supporter). Placed the order, again late at night, and had to pay for shipping (I chose the least expensive option). Immediately received a confirmation that the order was placed. The next morning I received confirmation that the order was processed and ready to ship.
I just thought it interesting that one company takes 72 hours to process a $450 order and another processed a $15 order as soon as they opened.

I fail to see how price is a factor in how orders are handled, I'm sure each order was processed in a first-in-first-out system. Do you think the first business had employees look at your order, confirm it, and then set it aside to wait for 3 days before filling it? More likely it was handled whenever there was time to handle it, and it just so happened there were many orders in front of yours to handle first.

I work in shipping/receiving, there are periods where we are swamped with orders and any new orders are handled in a couple days when there's time to handle them. Other periods it's dead with few to no orders and each new order is handled immediately due to there being no orders in front of them to handle first. It's business, and it's normal.

That’s happened to me before. If I make an order on a Friday, I don’t expect shipping until Monday. Most have automated online services that confirm orders. Obviously each place has different programs that handle after hour sales.

Back