A Trek through the Woods with Fatwood!

91bravo

Gold Member
Jeannie and I got out for a bit today and played in the woods. It was an absolutely beautiful day. The fall colors are just now starting to show up here in Bama. Not too much at the lower elevations, but the higher we went, the more color we got to see. :)

Z51CoLu.jpg

9mQHY8X.jpg

BrIhLWu.jpg

8LMOa2q.jpg

zSuPu5k.jpg

WchwakY.jpg

We found our old fatwood stump and decided to harvest a bag full while we were out.

b1a6fCf.jpg

28Ny13J.jpg

Qr0jAjo.jpg

MXYAQGA.jpg

VVrWx0u.jpg

VgPzuYX.jpg

Os4SwZN.jpg

OXqRVDm.jpg

Fungus Among Us

7lJRktE.jpg

Pack is full. Time to head out.

nNcwNaO.jpg

d2Tmfy9.jpg

Reflecting pool:

8ZCFiKv.jpg

Dead wood:

PETXzXj.jpg

Miles and miles of trails on top of this mountain, so you know we had to check them all out...again. :D

zZHiStb.jpg

HWtQvdu.jpg

qy68F0l.jpg

R1vUzVA.jpg

fc0H0CA.jpg

Dead End:

YHOdC9s.jpg

Got a little mud on the tires. Thankfully, we didn't find any mud holes deep enough to sink the truck in again!

J9Auyc8.jpg

Obligatory Knife Pics

TZqU4We.jpg

hy36aaK.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, are my two favorite pics of the day:

ilzLOm2.jpg

g9RM4cI.jpg

What part of Alabama? I live in Cullman County. Not quite that much elevation change here. Highest altitude is under a thousand feet.

I have buddies in Cullman. This was in Clay county.
I was close. I was thinking it was probably within half an hour of Cheaha Mountain. Beautiful photos. I have lots of good memories of Cheaha and Talladega National Forest. A couple of not-so-good ones, too. :D Long time ago, now.

I was close. I was thinking it was probably within half an hour of Cheaha Mountain. Beautiful photos. I have lots of good memories of Cheaha and Talladega National Forest. A couple of not-so-good ones, too. :D Long time ago, now.

Cheaha and TNF in general have been our stomping grounds for a long time. We have a friend with property that butts up against the TNF as well.

Back