A Warning To All Hogs And Pigletts!!!!!!

I know that this isnt knife related,, but I figure that it is best to tell ya'll before you get the new virus that is out, I got this message below in an email this evening, so be watchful.

by the way,,please note that the Windows operating system that most everyone of you are probably running is the "Prey" for these viruses, trajans a,d most spyware.

it only makes sense to get away from using Windows for your internet operating system, it is ok for gaming, Photoshop, and a few other applications. but it REALLY SUCKS !!! when it comes to security,

I urge everyone reading this to look into getting an Apple computer or install Linux on your current computer and use that for your internet operating system, these two operating systems are pratically immune to the Viruses, trojans, and spyware, that are infesting and crashing hundreds of thousands of Windows machines globally every second.

anyway,,hope this info help.

Daniel

(MESSAGE)

PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE
Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and
the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you
will not be able to fix it!

If you get an email along the lines of "Osama Bin Laden Captured"
or "Osama Hanged" don't open the attachment.

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the
globe; but mainly in the US and Israel.

Be considerate & send this warning to whomever you know.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next days:
Do not open any message with an attached filed called

"Invitation" regardless of who sent it.

It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole
hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail
Address in his/her contact list; which is why you should send this e-mail to
all your contacts.

It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the
virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called "invitation", though sent by a
friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified
by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no
Repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where
the vital information is kept.

FoxholeAtheist said:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/osama.asp

Virus: "Osama bin Laden Captured" and "Osama bin Laden Hanged"

Apparently this was a real one, but isn't circulating widely now. Good thing to watch out for, though. :thumbup:

Oh,,ok

I figured it may be a new virus. cause this message for forwarded to me today.

I dont usually worry about these because i use Linux , once when i was a big Windows fan i always kept up with the newest viruses ect and paid all that good hard earned money on keeping me spyware and virus scan programs upto date,,just think of all the money that i could have saved and spent on more INFI :thumbup:

Daniel - you forgot to mention Linux's dirty little secret........it's usually free. Talk about saving money for more Infi. :D

Not only is the OS free, but the programs and other apps, including Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice 2.0, multimedia players, and GIMP, are free as well. Plus, it's a more secure OS. What's not to like about it?

I've become a strong Linux supporter, and only use Windows a bit at work and maybe 5% of my personal use. Now if I could only manage to save some of that "free" money for INFI... :grumpy:

cleaner145 said:
Daniel - you forgot to mention Linux's dirty little secret........it's usually free. Talk about saving money for more Infi. :D

exactly :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have downloaded tons of Linux Distributions absolutly free :thumbup: :thumbup: ... and I have really been amazed at how far Linux has come over the years in making their operating systems "user friendly", especially for those wanting to move up from Window$,, and just look at all the software that comes prepackaged with each disrtibutions,,,heck,if you bought all that similiar software for windows,,you are talking alot of $$$.

DonL said:
Not only is the OS free, but the programs and other apps, including Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice 2.0, multimedia players, and GIMP, are free as well. Plus, it's a more secure OS. What's not to like about it?

I've become a strong Linux supporter, and only use Windows a bit at work and maybe 5% of my personal use. Now if I could only manage to save some of that "free" money for INFI... :grumpy:

yep,,you are right :thumbup:

and defenitly much more secure and everything you need in a Desk top system is included,,,Take OpenOffice 2.0 for instance,,completely free... now take Microsoft Office, Office XP ..ect, Heck, I could buy a new Busse blade for what just one of these programs cost alone,,:(

I would say about 5 % here also,,,or less. sometimes it will be months til i boot into Windows on this machine,,depending on what i need to do.:cool:

Back