A year in the addiction . and a small giveaway.-- Winner announced.

mamun1024

Gold Member
Hi everyone. Well, it has been a year already since I caught the INFI bug! I thought I’d do a giveaway to celebrate.

It seems only yesterday I was searching for a strong camping/survival knife. The Busse name kept coming up in my searches frequently, yet every time I went to the Busse website, all I saw is a single model, not the ones I read about :grumpy:
Few days later, more hours on the web, I saw the videos from NOS at knifetests.com, and saw the Field & stream article of The 20 Best Knives Ever Made. I knew I had to have a Battle Mistress regardless of the cost or where I had to get it from.

Few days later, I bit the bullet and bought my first Busse, a CGFBM, the most expensive knife I ever bought. Long story short, after a bit of hassle with the first Busse transaction, I had my CGFBM in hand and the my expression was WOW! :eek::eek::eek: I was darn impressed! I thought this would be the ONLY Busse knife I would ever buy. I few days went by, I started coming to the forum, reading posts and looking (drooling) at all the blades pics, then somehow I ended up buying a HHFSH.

Busse-group-8.JPG

Another few days later I scored on my first ganza, and then KH hooked me up with a SFNOLE, and ASH-1LE.

Busse-group-13.JPG

The rest is a blur….. I somehow ended up with all these Busse knives. :D

Busse-group-27.JPG

So, let this be a lesson to the new guys and gals, stay away before you fall into this slippery slope! :foot: All I wanted was ONE strong knife, now I feel like…. as l2lku2 said…. an Epic Fail. :rolleyes:

Through the months I’ve met many outstanding folks on the forum, made some friends, saw acts of generosity, and folks going out of their ways to help one another. I’ve realized that it’s not just the knives, not just the Busse Company, nor the Busse employees; it’s all the fine folks that meet here on this forum. It is the Busse community that made the Busse experience so exceptional. I am thankful to many of you for assisting me understanding the rather unusual process along the way, you helped me by answering my questions, and by letting me have many of your fine blades. So, thank you!

Now for the giveaway, I have a new Busse Combat coffee mug (I've only taken it out of the box to snap couple of pics) that I would like to give way. All you need to do to qualify is to post that you are interested. A pic of your favorite knife/knives would be awesome too as we all love Busse nrop.

Here are couple of pics of the coffee mug.....

Busse-group-28.JPG

Busse-group-29.JPG

I will use random.org to pick a winner next Monday night 2/27/12.

I apologize for the bad quality pics, the lighting wasn’t so great... Thank you.

Awesome collection. I'd be happy to only have the ones in the first photo. Keep up the good work. Count me in.

Last edited:
Wow, great year! I appreciate the nice mug offer, but i like that dwms a little more. Lets talk.;)

porkacious

I am in.

That is a great collection, I see a few grails there!!

Favorite Busse: ZTSH
Picture080-2.jpg

I'll play...count me in since a couple of those knives look very familiar:D

I have sold more plasma and sperm (not to mention a kidney and a lung) this year to fund "knife purchases" than I care to think about sooooooo

Sign me up....

ASH1Edit2.jpg

I'd love the mug. Thanks for the chance.

You've got an awesome collection! Very impressive for your first year. Hell, that's impressive for a lifetime.

Just started my Busse experience since Christmas of 11. I agree that it's all the people along with the company that make this one happy family. With that I'm going to pour myself a drink and celebrate while eating a bacon sandwiche.

thanks for the chance! If I win I'll start drinking coffee :cool:

My favorite Busse is the CGFBM

7420b35c.jpg

Nice collection! What will it be like in another year?

I'm interested in the GAW. Thanks!

will there be anything in the mug for the winner to partake in?? I'm in. btw, that HHFSH is impressive, caught my eye as I looked through your pics.

Bro, now that is getting giggy with the wallet, FAR OUT collection, well done!!!

That's quite a collection you have there. I have been hooked for about the last year as well but I have a very long way to go to catch up to you. Count me in. Thanks.

IMG_1185.jpg

Back