A2 and Micarta Chopper

A very nice gentleman called me after he saw my mention in the October Blade magazine article "Soul Authorship". He loved the photo of my chopper and wanted to get his order in before I was swamped with the rush of orders resulting from that article. Hahahaha, that never happened but I appreciate his enthusiasm! His one request was a Micarta handle. This one is done and heading to its new home. Comments and criticism welcomed.

Blade Steel: A2 Tool Steel, finished to 800X
Blade Length: 10 & 1/2" to the guard, 10" edge
Guard: 416SS with black G10 and copper spacers
Handle: Natural brown Micarta with Copper pin
OAL: 15 & 7/8"
Sheath: Hand stitched leather with pig skin lining and custom belt stud

qNZqtbX.jpg

ol0kIHg.jpg

lZrY1Vg.jpg

jvQ73Wj.jpg

Additional details here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFWDL4DonT/

Last edited:
Really nice execution!
I like how the top of the plunge curves over to meet the swedge, the same on both sides.

Not much to criticize there. Great lines, profile and design. Excellent materials and all finished expertly.

I enjoyed watching this come together on your ig account, especially they way you put your sheath together, which is a way I just did for the first time as well only a few days before. Your way is better and I now know that I need T pins

the unmistakable khukuri inspired shape of this knife has been translated into a more or less contemporary North American styling in a way that I think is highly successful, as the lines are so blurred as to be seamless. I've seen a lot of guys try to blend those two genre and come with something that just does not work. Very well done:thumbsup:

For me the real money shot is in the set of pics on instagram. The one with the knife balanced on its spine, a close-up of the guard area. You see the clean plunge, the disgustingly perfect fit of the guard, and the spacers before the handle.

Back