AALB Knuckle size, probably too big?

Just didn't feel any comfortable holding it and my hand wasn't that small at all.

_MG_9726_zps7d3225c9.jpg

_MG_9725_zpsef3be0d4.jpg

_MG_9720_zps58e421cf.jpg

fits my hand perfect :)

I love that Jerry's hand and mine are about the same size.............except he has shorter fingers ;)

same size around just shorter.

You have what I would call medium sized male hands, at least for those in the 5'8"-6'4" range. Your hands look about the same size as mine. Jerry has farmer hands, both big in overall size and thick, the AA was designed to fit them. Finger grooves and pre-designed finger holes are always a gamble for multiple users.

One of the things that I like about Busse knives is that they generally have adequate sized handles on them. I can accomidate handles a little too large much more readily than a little too small. And I don't have huge hands.

There ia a popular manufacturer out there who makes very nice knives that I won't buy because of small handles.

They are a little big on my hands as well. Not so big that I can't make it work, but it has caused me to stop buying AA's and sell off my Nuclear AA's and one of my Terror Monkey AA's. However, I still have a pair of the TMAA's and the Special Edition 2007 AA and I do plan to keep these.

As have been stated already, it is tough to make a "one size fits all" and have it actually fit all hands, and a little too big is way better than a little too small. :)

Aaaawwwww look at those dainty little fingers. Your hands are so cute. ;) No dirt in your nails, no cuts, no scrapes, hell there isn't even any color in your hands. Unfortunately I concur with the above: a knuckle knife must be made large enough to fit meaty man hands (especially for the Busse crowd) because small hands can use, albeit less comfortably, a knuckle knife meant for large hands but large hands can't use a knuckle knife meant for small hands. Its how the cookie crumbles.

Side note, even on knuckle knives and other "knuckle devices" lets call them, I never find it terribly comfortable. Even when sized specifically to my hand, its just not a comfy thing IME.

Sweet, I had been wondering if they would be too small for my fingers. If they fit Dave Brown's my fingers should fit just fine.

do you guys want pics ?

as a comparison ?

I am not huge, but not small. Wear XL in Mechanix wear gloves as a guide. But I didn't find the AA comfortable either. It seemed to spead my fingers apart, and I could not imagine it being comfortable to use. Just saved me some money. Glad it works for others, and glad I got to find out without having to purchase one. They are awesome looking and wished it worked for me, but life goes on

I always saw the AA as a knife you'd use while wearing gloves. Or, at least if you were wearing gloves, the knife had better not give you any trouble getting your fingers into those holes quickly, not with a knife meant for fighting.

The original MK I 1918 knives were mostly made by LF&C and Au Lion. The knuckles on them fit fairly tight and allow you to grip the knife very solidly. I was really excited when I heard the AA was coming back, but in the end I didn’t buy one because it’s got the wrong style of blade for its intended mission. The original MK I 1918 got it right; a 6 inch double edged dagger blade sitting on a set of brass knuckles. The Busse AA’s 10 inch blade is too much blade; I don’t need a chopper length blade on a knuckle knife. I realize that most of the AAs will be safe queens, but as a user for military or LE I think it missed the mark. If one is produced later with a shorter dagger blade along the lines of the original MK I I’d be the first to buy it.

I earned myself a busted up right hand years ago. What is sometimes called a Common Boxers Injury where three of my knuckles got shattered (don't ask) and my AALB puts a bit of an unnatural strain on my little finger.

Since I absolutely love the knife otherwise....I was seriously thinking about doing a modification on mine where I eliminate the last strut and bump that precedes the last pinky finger hole.

I used to work doing custom firearm modifications and metal finishing/electroplating I know I can make a perfectly neat and presentable job of it.

And I don't think that a professionally accomplished custom modification in only that one specific area of the knife would adversely affect my BUSSE warranty on the blade portion of the knife.

I think that INFI steel is so strong that the knife will still serve as a fine fighting knife minus one end knuck support.

Last edited:
I earned myself a busted up right hand years ago. What is sometimes called a Common Boxers Injury where three of my knuckles got shattered (don't ask) and my AALB puts a bit of an unnatural strain on my little finger.

Since I absolutely love the knife otherwise....I was seriously thinking about doing a modification on mine where I eliminate the last strut and bump that precedes the last pinky finger hole.

I used to work doing custom firearm modifications and metal finishing/electroplating I know I can make a perfectly neat and presentable job of it.

And I don't think that a professionally accomplished custom modification in only that one specific area of the knife would adversely affect my BUSSE warranty on the blade portion of the knife.

I think that INFI steel is so strong that the knife will still serve as a fine fighting knife minus one end knuck support.

Might be worth calling in to the Shop and checking on this before doing the mod. You may be right...but then again, possibly not. I certainly would want to know first if the mod would or wouldn't void the knife's warranty, and the only way to be sure is to ask 'em... :)
And remember, the "LB" stands for Light Brigade, with emphasis on the light. This handle is not completely solid, but milled out some on each side to lighten the weight. Jerry posted a TGLB without handles to show the "I beam" milled handle. If someone were to mod into the handle too far...well, they're gonna have major issues. ;)

Good worthwhile advice. Much appreciated.

Might be worth calling in to the Shop and checking on this before doing the mod. You may be right...but then again, possibly not. I certainly would want to know first if the mod would or wouldn't void the knife's warranty, and the only way to be sure is to ask 'em... :)
And remember, the "LB" stands for Light Brigade, with emphasis on the light. This handle is not completely solid, but milled out some on each side to lighten the weight. Jerry posted a TGLB without handles to show the "I beam" milled handle. If someone were to mod into the handle too far...well, they're gonna have major issues. ;)

Back