ABA differences

on_the_edge

Gold Member
What is the difference between these knives please?

1. ABA
2. DABA
3. ABALE; and
4. ABA III (or is it BA III???)

Thanks!

1, 2, and 4 aren't screaming my name. 3 is. Big time. I'm sitting here wondering what I'd pay for one, in terms of INFI or cash. (MODS - NO, THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO BUY OR SELL!)

1, 2, and 4 aren't screaming my name. 3 is. Big time. I'm sitting here wondering what I'd pay for one, in terms of INFI or cash. (MODS - NO, THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO BUY OR SELL!)

They all scream my name:thumbup:

1. ABA
2. DABA
3. ABALE; and

Thanks!

BA III - Basic 3/16" Version of the third generation Badger Attack.

ABA III - A misnomer. No Anorexic Badgers were officially named this.

ABA LE- Anorexic Badger Attack
Thin stock (0.150") Offered in Satin/Snakeskin
First Anorexic Badger offered. .

DABA - Desert ABA.

CPDABA (Clip Point DABA)

JABA - Jungle Anorexic Badger Attack. Green coating, clip point. A brighter green than the olive drab currently in use.

ABA - Generic all-inclusive term for the thin stock knives. Anything with an A preceeding BA is thin stock

I can post pics of these tomorrow, unless a hog beats me to it.

BA III - Basic 3/16" Version of the third generation Badger Attack.

ABA III - A misnomer. No Anorexic Badgers were officially named this.

ABA LE- Anorexic Badger Attack
Thin stock (0.150") Offered in Satin/Snakeskin
First Anorexic Badger offered. .

DABA - Desert ABA.

CPDABA (Clip Point DABA)

JABA - Jungle Anorexic Badger Attack. Green coating, clip point. A brighter green than the olive drab currently in use.

ABA - Generic all-inclusive term for the thin stock knives. Anything with an A preceeding BA is thin stock

I can post pics of these tomorrow, unless a hog beats me to it.

Good info, thank you!

So if you have a satin & snakeskin ABA that is .15 thick, it must be, by definition, an ABALE??? I don't have the link, but in Mulder's passaround thread (in which I just posted), is that an ABALE that I have there??? :cool:

The Mulder passaround is a first generation, straight-handled Badger Attack. E-handle BA's were the second generation, then the BA III's, on which the ABA's are based.

The ABA LE's are individually numbered, although someone could have requested that theirs not be numbered.

1. ABA
2. DABA
3. ABALE; and

Thanks!

Look at it like a org chart:

1. Badger Attack III (3/16" stock)
  • Black crinkle w/ black canvas slabs
  • Black crinkle w/ Snakeskin Nukarta
  • Jungle Green Clip Point Badger Attack III (Green w/ black canvas)

1a. Anorexic Badger Attack (Gen III variation, as Mike said ABAIII is a misnomer)
  • Limited Edition Serial Numbered (Saitn Finish w/ Snakeskin Nukarta)
  • Custom Shop LE no Serial Number
    • Satin finished with clip swedge w/ black canvas
    • Satin finished with clip swedge w/ tan canvas
  • Custom Shop Desert Anorexic Badger Attack (Tan w/ tan canvas)
    • Custom Shop Clip Point Desert Anorexic Badger Attack (Same Finish as above)
  • Clip Point Jungle Camo Anorexic Badger Attack (Early jungle camo finish w/ black canvas, not marked "Custom Shop" rather it had the SH-E Busse logo)

The LE was the configuration of the prototype Jerry showed us at the Indy1500 in 03', which had no number or prototype markings rather it had the same Custom Shop Logo found on the original run ADs. As I recall the LE numbered and Desert ones were offered at the same time to the general public.

I think my recollections are correct. I know there was either a desert tan or jungle green clip point BAIII in standard thickness, but I can't remember if it one or the other or both. I had all of them at one time, but most are now gone. Any one remember for sure?

The Mulder passaround is a first generation, straight-handled Badger Attack. E-handle BA's were the second generation, then the BA III's, on which the ABA's are based.

The ABA LE's are individually numbered, although someone could have requested that theirs not be numbered.

Sorry, Mike. I meant for you to take a quick peak at my thread regarding when I had Dave's SHBA. One of the knives I compared his to was my ABA, which I think is an ABALE. I was just wanting to confirm that. There are pics, and I was the last one to have Dave's knife, so they should be at the end of that thread.

And in addition to Mike and John's great info, I think all ABALE (or sometimes called ABLE's) LE's were from the custom shop so they have a custom shop logo.

:D:D

ABLE1.jpg

HOGsgroundABLE.jpg

Good info, thank you!

So if you have a satin & snakeskin ABA that is .15 thick, it must be, by definition, an ABALE??? I don't have the link, but in Mulder's passaround thread (in which I just posted), is that an ABALE that I have there??? :cool:

DSC00676.jpg

It looks like it but I don't recall seeing any with the SH-E logo and missing a serial number! Nice, I'd like to know the story on that.

I'd say that the pic above is an ABA, but I don't know if I'd say it was an ABALE. Without the number and/or the custom logo I don't know if it is an LE. It is definitely unique, and maybe more so that an LE, maybe even a custom order, but I don't know if it is officially an LE.

DSC00676.jpg

It looks like it but I don't recall seeing any with the SH-E logo and missing a serial number! Nice, I'd like to know the story on that.

Me too, but if you can't tell me, this might be a tough one to get to the bottom of.

Custom Shop LE? Always wondered about that. Thanks Progunner:thumbup:

Attachments

• BA111.jpg
    BA111.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 45
My first Badger was a CS CPABA satin with green canvas and a zero (symmetric / convex) edge :cool:

Badgers.jpg

sorry for the lousy pix, all I had on PB.

I dropped a hint or two here on the forums and then got a WTS query out of the blue via email.

You never know.

Back