About Forebearence and Kindness

Aheeem. Something like that.

Brent, there was something great back in the days when Harrison was alive and trusted Clapton to do the technically impossible riffs on the White Album.

A lot of my heart was formed in the world as understood by BEATLES.

Yes folks, did I ever tell you in my humble opinion the Beatles were the greatest rocknroll band on earth?

Now, Brent is allowed to sip whatever cups he may, and the Cantina will continue, I assure you all. He would not be the first nor last to post here under such a course.

I don't want to see a troll a thon. Gentlemen; walk softly.

munk

Munk - comin down...
Twas a good thing...spiders now ascending... situation normal.
Thank you for your forbearance...(stop)

Who could wish for a more laid back mod. (HD)

But he is special!

Do not tell danny we talked! This guy is dangerous:D

When you crash have some spider dreams for me.
You got spiders there?

munk

Warlock6 said:
The way I hear it is you that will be banned, not I.
You have nothing of value.

Actually, Danny is closer to the truth.

I did mention this possibility to you not so long ago. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373396

Numerous people have complained of your rudeness, as typified by what you said to Danny above. There are also numerous complaints from people claiming to have tried and failed to verify your military credentials. Some people also perceive the multiple posts all in a row to be rude.

Cougar laid it out for you at http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182877 some time ago. The villagers are now at the gates, with torches and pitchforks. I suspect the situation may not now be saved.

Funny, now I am in the process of watching a made-for-Chinese-TV series of the military classic, the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It is evident how great an emphasis the ancient Chinese placed on courtesy for their officers and other leaders. Even in our own society we speak of the respected "officer and a gentleman."

One throws courtesy to the winds at one's own peril.

Take care, my friend.

No, I am not aiming this comment at anyone, but I am making an observation: when courtesy is thrown to the winds by a "leader", then what do you expect others to do? that is authoritarian power in it's not so admirable form.

Courtesy is the everday honor that we can extend to our fellow man. Courtesy is what keeps things from falling into chaos. The simple acts that we extend to others that say "I'm not the only one on this Earth. You are here as well. I respect that." My biggest, absolutely hugerist pet peeve is lack of courtesy. Not returning calls or emails, not using your *&%&$#(@ turn signal, not opening a door for a lady. Everyday honor as simple as "please" and "thank you" and "you're welcome". This isn't aimed at anyone, by the way. I'm merely making an observation on the societal breakdown of such "old fashinon" things.

When the entire world breaks down and thows back upon itself, you will NOT hear of King Steely rising up and reforming society. My world would be a polite but brutal society, and I would be driven mad by the impossibility to teach manners to masses of upright beasts.

Jake

I can see myself being placed in a situation where I was forced to defend myself, and later feeling guilty.

Not because I took a life, but definitely if somewhere in the desperate interplay I was rude. Adrenaline might cause my mouth to run, and I'd hate even a miserable excuse for a human's last heard words to be "************!"

Inexcusable.

This is why, when my mental temperature's rising, my sentences usually start with "Sir," or "Ma'am".

~J

Been there, and you do feel guilty. Fighting is overrated.

yep, on common courtesies. My biggest pet peave are turn signals. In Atlanta, with so many commuters, it gets to be a pain when someone assumes that everyone else will read their mind and be OK with it when they want to cut you off with no warning. My old boss used to joke that one day she would go over the edge and hijack a tank to drive into work with.

Spectre said:
I can see myself being placed in a situation where I was forced to defend myself, and later feeling guilty.

Not because I took a life, but definitely if somewhere in the desperate interplay I was rude. Adrenaline might cause my mouth to run, and I'd hate even a miserable excuse for a human's last heard words to be "************!"

Inexcusable.

This is why, when my mental temperature's rising, my sentences usually start with "Sir," or "Ma'am".

~J
Right there with you. Several years back, an older women, easily in her seventies, made a right on red, cutting across three lanes of on coming traffic. I was pretty much it as far as oncoming traffic, but I was in a red station wagon I'd borrowed from my folks as my car was in the shop, kinda hard to miss. She clipped me, I could't swerve far enough out of her path due to traffic coming towards me, but I did get far enough off the line, adn slowed down enough as I saw her pull out, to avoid a catastrophic impact. We got over to the side, and her and her husband both got out, obviously not injured. She immediatley started yelling at me, "You were coming pretty fast!". I started yelling back" Jesus lady! What were you thinking! You coulda killed you and your husband, or me! You totaled my car! What were you thinking!". I imagine there was some arm waving as well, though I didn't approach her, or curse (aside from a little blasphemy). I saw her start to look fearful though, and I came back to myself through the adreniline and fear, and lowered my voice." Ma'am, I'm sorry for yelling, it was uncivil, and uncalled for. Please forgive me. What's important is that you and your husband are okay, cars can be fixed, people can't". She immediately came back with "I told you you were coming pretty fast!".

Nothing to do but shake your head. Even septugenarian blue hairs mistake civility for weakness, or an admission of wrong doing. Doesn't mean we should'nt keep doing the right thing, and I'm still ashamed of myself for scaring an old lady, even if it was her fault, even if it wasn't my intention to do so..

Good story, Yahmanin. I like that. I was really lucky that, in my car accident (I was rear-ended by a car that was rear-ended by a bunch of Teens without licenses and no insurance! :eek: !), everybody was very civil. Even the big bunch of teens, who were probably too scared of the coming consequences of their actions, were very courteous. Police came and ambulance came, we were all cooperative, and it generally went pretty well. Then, the teens' mom came and started screaming obscenities at them. It was a disgusting contrast to the productive exchange that had just occurred. Then she tried to get them in her car and drive away before things were finished. The cop stopped that before the car door shut.

It was interesting that the parties involved were civil and concerned for the others. Even more interesting that a bunch of teens who had taken their mom's uninsured car without a license were much more courteous and caring than their mother, who was simply rude and irate to all parties involved.

Simple courtesy can improve almost any given situation. If not courtesy, then at least a modicum of respect or open-mindedness. Just makes the world that much more tolerable.

Chris

Back