About grounding/earthing

When i first read about it i really thought it was all just nonsense.
Then i tried it (the cheapskate way: by sleeping on a small piece of copper weave cloth attached to a bit of copper wire which is itself attached to a sanded bare section of our thoroughly grounded central heating system)

From day one i fall asleep easier, sleep deeper, dream a whole lot more, and wake up each morning feeling completely rested and with a clear head.
Longer term effects i will still have to find out.

Documentary on YouTube:

Medical background:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/

A few more Pubmed links:

Illnesses in technologically advanced societies due to lack of grounding (earthing):

Prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection by earthing:

Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons:

Grounding – The universal anti-inflammatory remedy:

Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease:

There is a whole lot more reading material on that same website.

This whole earthing thing sounded so ridiculous to me that i just had to try it out myself, and to my surprise the short term effects are very noticeable.
I think this is typically something that everyone needs to investigate for themselves, or not.

Internet info can be very entertaining and maybe even give you a few pointers, but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
And as my late Mom always said: "research all things, and keep the good".
For me this one is a keeper.

Last edited:
An old friend of mine and former competitive kickboxer (in the old days he used to spar sometimes with Rob Kaman) who suffered from chronic inflammation in his shoulders as well as restless legs became curious after hearing about my experiences with my simple grounding set-up.

He hadn't been able to sleep properly for years, and he was fed up with it.
Instead of copying my set-up he bought one of those ready-made earthing sheets for ~ 100 Euro, and i recently spoke to him about his experiences with it.
He told me that during the first week he noticed absolutely nothing, so he was beginning to think it had been a waste of money.
But in the second week both his shoulder inflammation and his restless legs started to subside, and after about two weeks he had his first full night of uninterrupted sleep, and this seems to continue up to this day.
He also told me that he is experiencing "morning wood" again, something that hasn't happened to him in decades, :D

Hmm interesting. When I worked on a ship part of my duties included basic medical treatment of the crew. One guy had a set of magnets of various shapes supposedly meant to improve circulation. I have subsequently read that science says it's total bunk, however I personally observed them work amazingly well in speeding up the healing of wounds. And I treated a lot of wounds! With and without the magnets. Magnets & grounding are each facets of electromagnetic energy.

He also told me that he is experiencing "morning wood" again, something that hasn't happened to him in decades, :D

You'd be better off trying to sell me on this "grounding" thing if you claimed that it was a cure for morning wood. That s🤬t is a curse, especially when you wake up with a full bladder.

See, I always thought "earthing" referred to walking barefoot on the ground, touching grass, basically getting in touch (literally and figuratively) with Mother Earth again. To me it sounds entirely plausible that these practices would help heal certain illnesses.

Interesting though about that sleep setup, I will have to research that. You said your friend bought one for 100 Euros, where in Europe do you live? I'm Austrian :)

I'm in the Netherlands.

Update:

My wife wasn't too pleased with the bed linen getting a greenish hue within the week due to the all copper earthing material, so i had to think up a little different setup.

For several weeks now we both use just a piece of non-copper multi-strand electrical wire.
One end stripped for just a couple of centimeters, strands twisted, and screw clamped to the grounded central heating panel just behind our bed.
The other end stripped for about 25 centimeters, strands twisted, and made into a loose fitting wrist loop.
No more discoloration of the bed sheets, while still having the same improvement of sleep quality.
The ability to fall asleep more quickly, sleep better/deeper, dream every night, and wake up feeling rested instead of still tired is priceless to both us.

It's very well possible that we might buy two carbon fiber bed sheets in the future, but at least for now we're good.

Back