About the Karambit...

How about....

"No Guns Here

Just shooters....."

:eek:

Kerambit + Kydex sheath pics

Spent some time over at Tom Krein's Shop and this is what we came up with.

if you could reverse that so that the finger ring faces forward so that it would draw in the right position....say for a right handed person wearing it on the right hip

would you be thinking about selling those ???

Would that clip fit on the outside of a right rear pants pocket? (Or inside the pants waist in back, with the clip outside?)

Nice work, Dan

If I'm understanding the layout, that would fit nicely on the left side, butt forward, for a nice reverse draw with the left, or emergency crossdraw with the right?

J

Short answer = YES.

Long answer =

That's the beauty of the Tek-Lok system (not sure if I'm spelling it right)....

see the screws here?

attachment.php

We positioned the major rivets to allow you to not only "flip sides" but move it around, upside down, wherever you want!

This is the ultimate carry-all sheath.

If you want one - it's $35 and contact Tom Krein about it directly = tomkrein@NOSPAMHEREcox-internet.com

(remove NOSPAMHERE)

Excellent work, Dan:) I think i'm going to try to have a nice tooled leather sheath made for mine if i can find someone that wants to take on the job for a reasonable price.
I love the retention and quickdraw of that rig, but leather just has a soul and romance to it:) (this coming from a guy that owns more leather than a cow) Plastic says weapon to me. Leather says respected tool....but then again i get antsy often and might just opt for the quick fix:D

Jake

Runs With Scissors said:
I was wondering how y'all like the HI Karambits so far, had a few specific questions on 'em...

1. how does the handle fit you folks with the larger forepaws?
2. how does it feel in a forward grip?
3. why does the sheath always appear backards in the pics I see? well....backards as in it's positioned for a forward grip...
4. any of y'all carry yours often? how does it do in the realm of practicality?

I'm thinkin' about gettin' one (or trying to) for PDFC (that's Pretty Darn Frequently Carried)

Thanks much!

I just picked mine up a half hour ago. Here's a pic of it alongside a Valiant kerambit and a 'large' 5" folder.

attachment.php

For some reason I was expecting a much smaller knife. It's a handful, you really have to see one to believe it. I have large mitts, and it fits me well whether in a forward grip with my thumb along the spine and pinky in the hole, or a reverse grip with my index finfer through the hole. The design allows for several grip options with or without the ring.

The sheath is much better than I was expecting. It will work well as is on the left side, blade forward; you just have to remember ro rock your hand back slightly as you draw or the blade will hang up on the way out. Some day I will have a leather fast-draw sheath made for this.

The forward edge of the blade and the swedge are wicked-sharp; the belly on mine needs a bit of work, I'll do that today. From a practicality standpoint, this knife would function much the same as one of the small BDCs. It has a bit less weight, but the forward curve should give good leverage if you absolutely needed to chop something.

The fullers and sword of Shiva are very nicely done, this knife is aesthetically beautiful. Once again, a HI knife has exceeded my high expectations.

The more I see Kerambits the more I like them. Stll can't chop a tree down with one.

munk

That's right! You know, this happens to me with books and records too,
( Records? What are those?) There will be a big splash and ta-doo about something and I won't look into it. After all the excitement dies down I check it out. I'll be darned, the book, record, khuk, and ________ (fill in blank) was great. And I'm the last to know.

munk

Back