Abrasives rabbit hole. balsa diamond dust

Man this stuff gets crazy.

Anyway, I made a little 4" x 12" balsa wood strop. I've been trying to find info on whether to use diamond paste or spray. But then I'm seeing bags of loose, dry, diamond powder for sale. I figure if the powder is the same stuff, maybe I could mix my own spray/paste/emulsion. Maybe I could make a little diamond powder blasting cabinet and embed the dry powder into the wood. See rabbit hole.

What abrasive have you used on a balsa wood strop?
If diamond, did paste or spray work better?
I have a bunch of Ebay credit. Is there a brand or seller on Ebay I should look for.
Do you have recommendations on what to put on a balsa wood strop?

I'll share anything useful I discover.

I don't want to breath small particles so I would use paste as the carrier should limit that.

Compound will embed itself in balsa and most other woods, simply because the compound's grains are so much harder than the wood itself. Wouldn't really need to blast it into the wood (that might actually force it too deeply into the wood, rendering it wasted), but just simply rub it in under the pressure of the blade. Even then, most of the grit will still embed deeply. This is why balsa and other woods work well as a polishing substrate, because it limits the depth to which abrasive grains can cut into the steel. Such a strop will load up fast with swarf, meaning it's still working aggressively, albeit at a very fine-polishing level.

Back