Acidwashed, Compound Ground S7 Steel and Carbon Fiber! - Pics!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just finished up this one in .25" thick acidwashed S7 steel and Ghost Carbon Fiber! Enjoy the pics!

Coke Bottle Handle, Tapered Tang... I pushed myself hard on this one, it was scary at moments! :D i'm really happy with the results.

Swoosh... (grind) :D

Last edited:
I was told it was gone the first day we saw pics... so I can't :) :/

Congrats on the new owner though! :D

I'll have to bust out my DFK big ol' mofos again soon.. weather is calling for CHOP CHOP!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Much appreciated!!!

DANG, D!!! Mixin' dat shiz up like .....like one of those mixer things! :D:thumbup: It reminds me of a bullet. I need a gun that shoots these!

You're just killin' it lately. Amazing stuff coming outta that mountain work shop!

Thanks again guys! :D Much appreciated!

Look out for one more update when the leather is done. :cool:

Leather is done and looking good! I should have pics tomorrow. :D

You do your leather in house right, D?

Now, time to get drunk!!:D:D

My wife Sara does all of the leatherwork... we might collab soon though!

Sara recently made a metal stamp for patterning the leather... she used to make jewelry full time and the stamp came out cool! Mini-dashi sheath... more on those later too.

But yeah... nothing to drink here and it is drinking time... speaking of that Happy St.Patricks day everyone! I might make a liquor run! :D I think I can make it down my driveway and if I can't make it back up I will have something to drink! :D

Now I remember you did a run of Damascus kiridashi with leather sheath and I LOVE those! I b sure to get one when you do another run next time!

Yeah, happy St.Patty's guys! Lol...Have a good one, D!!:D

I forgot about wet molding the sheath today... the sheath now has a compound grind! or at least the impression of one... :cool:

Back