Acquired 1st Winkler!

I went to the Boone Mast General Store to make the purchase and was dead set on getting this Blue Ridge Hunter.
After looking at it i started checking out the 3 knives that were smaller than the BRH.
Wow suddenly it wasn’t so easy.
Needless to say i was so impressed by what a saw and handled.
I liked the Jager, Operator and my favorite the Contingency.
Think i might be blowing out my knife budget very soon.
DN

Was getting the smooth maple but as i handled them the sculpted is the one that gives better grip while still feeling comfortable. For $15 extra money wasn’t an issue.
No i went with the largest of the four mentioned the Blue Ridge Hunter. Still small enough to Edc and i just switched the sheath to horizon carry. Vertical carried for a day and it passed with flying colors. For edc i like it’s higher riding position and horizontal is even better

the Blue Ridge isn't a "big" knife and mine has seen some use ... but I got one of the Jagers when the came out and it was probably one of my most used fixed blades it's a great size and feels good in my hand ...

I am looking hard at the SD2 ... I was going to buy one for my nephew to use skinning out furbearers from his trap line ... but if time permits I may get back to trapping some and it would be a nice addition to me smaller caper for caping out deer too.

Oh i was tempted to change the purchase to the jager for sure as it is even an easier edc sized fixed blade. Really wasn’t liking the sheath as they omitted the leather and the clip wasn’t as nice as the bigger BRH.
I suppose the kydex only sheath is a bit lighter but this BRH set up is very light too.

Nice knife!!!! Looks like it would make a terrific slicer/skinner. I like the sculpted handle, it gives it character.

That’s a really good looking and timeless knife! Congrats!

Back