Acrylic knife display / stands?

Joss -- yes, I use some of those displays and some others. from link 1 I used Dc1 & 2 and from link 2 I use KNF 12. I like the ones on the third link but have not seen those in person. I think I will have to save those links. Thanks so much.

I use some of the "DC1" stands for small knives. They're small enough to fit into a wall-hung shadow box. However, they're also pretty shallow so they don't work with knives with guards that extend very far downwards.

rmd

I use several different kinds, but I prefer the holders with curved bottoms to hold the handle of a knife(like the #38 in this link), and the squared off ones to hold the blade. For wall mounting in a display case, I find that the clear plastic mirror holders you get at the hardware store work well. I bought a bunch of different holders at once but, unfortunately, I can't remember where I found the best deal.

These are all cool ideas.I have the small ones like in the first link.I like them just not real good for blades with guards like Bowies,I like the looks of those tiered stands.

Bruce

I doon't see any acrylic display at all. What am I missing?
Nope,there aren't any acrylic displays in the link to Jay's displays.
Sorry,I was in a hurry when I posted and thought there were. :eek:

Doug

Hello
While I don't shave with a straight razor, I am a collector and love to learn all I can about them. I started collecting a few years ago after several years of collecting old shaving mugs. I bought my first razor, a Boker from a gentleman at a gun show and I've been hooked since then. My razors are currently "living" in a 3 shelf glass curio cabinet, each sitting on an acrylic knife stand. I just went on a binge shopping spree and purchased several "new" razors, so now I need to find additional space. I found this site while looking for ideas for display cases. I'm hoping to learn more about some of the razors I have, identify some that to date I haven't been able to, and maybe find a few new ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joss I see that you are in seattle bart time if so I would be glad to make you some custom stands you might enjoy a visit to my blacksmith shop it helps to have the knife that I am making the stand for but I could do it off the specs. let me know if you would like to stop in some day.

I think anything works as long as you get a dust cover. Thats the most important thing to me. If I had those little stands id try to throw a plexiglass box over them.

Joss,

I use these in both sizes and they are great to use.

Marcel

Attachments

• DC1.jpg
    DC1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 18
Back