Active Duty Love Affair

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
I'm in a pretty happy place right now! :D Just got this sheath worthy of my Leprechaun Duty from maker Chad Pirtle, to finally complete my AD set. :thumbup: 3 different AD's, 3 different steels, 3 totally different looks, 3 knives that, in my opinion, feel completely different overall. All based on a single Busse model. :cool:

I. Love. The. AD!!!! :D :thumbup: :cool:

PICS!!! :D

More about Chad's sheath - it is extremely well made, and is some serious high-quality craftsmanship! :cool: If you haven't tried one of his sheaths, I highly recommend him based on this AD sheath! :thumbup: I really dig the way he did the integral belt loop on the back, and how he prints the knife model the sheath is for right on the back of the sheath. Good stuff! :D

(pic borrowed from Chad's site)
AD3.jpg

Share your AD's here!!! :D

Awesome looking sheath. That bruiser battle grade is very nice. I should have snaged one of those.

I just got one of the Elmax Janitor's Closet AD's and I really like it. I've been kicking around ideas for a sheath for it and nothing really struck me as "right". That sheath looks really nice. I know mine won't turn out that perfect but I may try something similar.

randy

Did you customize the bottom AD? or did it come like that?

I'm partial to this black tiger AD shown in the photos below - not only a bit thicker blade than my Leprechaun AD, with its black crinkle coating, it's actually a slightly thicker blade than the Heavy Duty I once had.

Last edited:
Nice Leppy, Elmax & Battle Grade AD's! :thumbup:

Since you asked... :D
The Game Warden drew me in, but it's the AD I got love for...

BLADE2008_AD_Variants_plus_1-LG.jpg

ActiveDuty_NukeAD-Pair1.jpg

HACK_ActiveDuty.jpg

ActiveDuty_Original-CSAD.jpg

ActiveDuty_Variant1.jpg

Hammered_AD-1.jpg

KC_Active-Duty1.jpg

TripleGrind_AD2.jpg

TripleGrind_AD3.jpg

SE2007_LrMr_AD_2GWs.jpg

10_Active_Duty_knives.jpg

Off Duty's too. ;)
Busse-SSOffDuty_Pair-4.jpg

ActiveDuty_OffDutyPair.jpg

ActiveDuty_OffDutyPair-Spine.jpg

Yup, lots of love for the AD. :):thumbup:

JAXX, the undisputed AD HOG!! (I'm sure he's also undisputed in other categories)
Those Off Dutys...wow :eek:

Jaxx, just wow. For goodness sakes WOW. Holy (stuff that flies out of a pigs behind, cause this is a family site). You have a seriously nice collection.

Oh MAN JAXX!!!

That hammered AD!!!!! :eek:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jaxx done brought it!!! :D :cool: :thumbup: I was hoping he'd do that! :D

That hammered AD is seriously one of the coolest I've ever seen! :eek: If it had the old skool Snakeskin handle scales, it would be mine!!! :D

I must sadly confess to a pretty severe AD-festation.:eek:

I blame Jaxx.:)

In a good way.:thumbup:

I just got one of the Elmax Janitor's Closet AD's and I really like it. I've been kicking around ideas for a sheath for it and nothing really struck me as "right". That sheath looks really nice. I know mine won't turn out that perfect but I may try something similar.

randy

Did you customize the bottom AD? or did it come like that?

No, that's a HACK, and they come like that. I, along with MANY others, very much like the large choil of the HACKs in place of the Talon Hole. Note Jaxx has a regular INFI HACKtive Duty, whereas mine is Elmax.

If you're talking about the Kydex sheath for my HACK, that one is from Al Welke (AZWelke here on the forum), and I HIGHLY recommend his work!

Forgot this one...actually there's a few...but this one is nicer...

ActiveDuty_MammothVariant-1.jpg

No, that's a HACK, and they come like that. I, along with MANY others, very much like the large choil of the HACKs in place of the Talon Hole. Note Jaxx has a regular INFI HACKtive Duty, whereas mine is Elmax.

If you're talking about the Kydex sheath for my HACK, that one is from Al Welke (AZWelke here on the forum), and I HIGHLY recommend his work!

I was talking about the smooth scales, but I see a lot of Jack's have smooth scales too.

I was talking about the smooth scales, but I see a lot of Jack's have smooth scales too.

Ah, I see. That particular batch of Elmax HACKs came from a show, and all had hand-smoothed scales. There were a few other colors I know of (Orange/Black, Tequila, and I seem to recall seeing a Blue/Black). Otherwise, that's a custom option that won't be again available until the custom shop re-opens for new work.

SpyderPhreak (and everyone else) - thanks for the positive feedback on my sheaths.

I'll confess that my AD's see the most use and carry time out of any of my Busse's.

Here's the combo that finds it's way on my belt 3-5 days a week..

IMG_0062.jpg

Back