active duty/mean street pic?

I know I saw one of these on here a while back, but I'll be damned if I remember where. Would someone be so kind as to repost it or post the link, or was I just drinkin a little too much JD that night and think a Battle Mistress was a Mean Street or something?

I'm trying to decide if I need a Mean Street or not to use as my EDC... Already have the AD, but a LMS might just be nice too. I think the LMS is a bit smaller/lighter and that would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
Tique

Originally posted by tique
I know I saw one of these on here a while back, but I'll be damned if I remember where. Would someone be so kind as to repost it or post the link, or was I just drinkin a little too much JD that night and think a Battle Mistress was a Mean Street or something?

I'm trying to decide if I need a Mean Street or not to use as my EDC... Already have the AD, but a LMS might just be nice too. I think the LMS is a bit smaller/lighter and that would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
Tique

You and the Skunk were drunk.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=272120

Fair enough:p

Thanks for the link.... skipped right over that post when I was looking for it.

Is the Mean Street model shown in the picture still available for purchase through Busse Combat Knives?

Originally posted by tique
mhawg, nope.... sadly, it's been discontinued for quite a while.

That is correct, they have been discontinued by Busse but you can still find them. If I remember correctly there are 3 for sale on the for sale forums, and from a great guy to deal with (miquet)

Is there any difference between a Lean Mean Street and a Mean Street or does one knife have referred to with two names??

Originally posted by KX1A
Is there any difference between a Lean Mean Street and a Mean Street or does one knife have referred to with two names??

The MS's were 1/4" thick or greater(there are some fatties out there) the LMS was 3/16" thick

:( :( Wish I could help, but all I have is a Fatty DWMS (expensive) and a LMS Prototype (really expensive). Have a 1/4" MS. but it is a user. Perhaps 60% of the finish left. Love that little knife. I can beat the snot out of it with no regrets. Also have a user fatty MS in A2, but it's not that beat up so I use it less. If I'm not carrying the BA the MS's get some excercise. Don't have an AD. Between the BA's and the MS's I just never saw the need.

Rob

Hot damn, just got my LMS in the mail... now I know what I was missing. I should have picked up one of these a long time ago. I really like my AD, but the LMS just fits so well in the hand and feels better. :D :D :D Happy day down here.:)

Back