Active Duty question

Recently purchased a sterile, black G10, black coated AD off the exchange (approx. 3/16" thick). Over the years, I've only seen one (or maybe two) pics posted by members who own this particular version. I'm trying to find out if this version was from a "Ganza", company store release, or some other special run for the various shows.

Here is a pic by the previous owner

Anyway, any info concerning this AD is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Heavy duty I believe. Limited run, ganzaaaa or company store item. I could certainly be wrong as I am sloshed and I can tell you I was also sloshed when they came out. HDs I think should mic out to .200" or thereabouts.
Congrats on a tank of an EDC.

If it is a HD you got a keeper. Wish I still had mine.

Holes look a bit too big for a heavy duty. Active duty, most likely a show or ganzaa.

Holes look a bit too big for a heavy duty. Active duty, most likely a show or ganzaa.

Yeah, I think the larger talon holer are a sign of a newer blade. AFAIK, the Heavy Dutys had micarta scales, no? And thicker than 0.187".

This one is probably a Show special variant.

I'm glad someone that will like that one got it. It is a beauty and I was having a hard time not claiming it.

BEEE-U-TEEEEE-FULLLLLLL :thumbup:

This is some measurements I took some time ago.
-Old School Custom AD, T hole .215", Blade thickness .149"
-AD-HD, T-hole .207", Thickness .209"
-AD-Flat Ground Sage/Tan, T-hole .247", Thickness .183"
-AD-Satin Flat Ground, T-hole .249", Thickness .170"

To repeat the above the HD were thicker and the Talon Holes where smaller. Yours is definitely a regular run blade and I guess a show somewhere. Most Saber Ground AD's I've seen are around the .194" - .200". The Full Flat grinds are a little more narrow and then of course there is the BAD @ .125"ish.

One fast cheaters way of determining a hole dimension is look at the sheath. He uses the 250" eyelets in his assembly, NOW look at the TALON hole;)

Its a ..........................wait for it.............................USER :)

Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the replies concerning this particular AD. Can't wait to get this one dirty!::thumbup:

WOW...the AD arrived and I'm completely blown away. I've owned many Busse-Kin blades in the past, but this AD just feels.......perfect! I want to thank Jared (Paw Paw's Knife Shop) for the opportunity to own this blade and the awesome sheath that came with it.:thumbup:

Here's my newly aquired AD with a few friends:

Very nice score. I miss my Bad all the time. The AD just feels great in the hand!

Back