Active Duty Questions

I have been looking for a small fixed blade for EDC, and the AD fits the bill quite nicely. I just had a couple questions.

Does the SnakeSkin Canvas Nukarta have a different feel than the Black Linen Micarta? What is it like? I guess it is made from INFI, but it isn't coated. What kind of care does the uncoated blade take? Finally, the big question, are there any in stock? If not, how long would it take to get one?

The Micarta isn't much different but the pattern that is grooved into the slabs give it entirely different feel. It is a very secure handle compared to smooth or lightly textured Micarta.

Uncoated INFI is no sweat to deal with! Just use it, rinse, and wipe her down dry. Occasional oiling is good, but it is not as critical compared to a carbon steel.

Call the shop at 419-923-6471 to place an order and they can give you an idea on the turn around. Otherwise just order it at their website. I believe the turn around is about 4-6 weeks IIRC.

Good luck and let us know when you land one:cool:

The AD is my favorite knife.
I love the handles and I have Huge hands.
The swell of the handle locks in my palm, but the blade is light and easy to move from one position to another.
The Macarta with the Gull Wing pattern feels great, even when wet.

As far as taking care of the blade, just wipe the crud off of it and forget it.

Just keep the blade clean and oil it when you feel like it and you should be good to go.

I really can't feel a significant difference between the Snakeskin Nucarta and Regular linen Micarta. The Pattern is a very unique and comfortable pattern to hold.

Give it a try, I bet you'll like it :D:D

The AD is a sweet one. Fits your hand (at least mine) great. The Snakeskin on this has the Gull-Wing pattern and it gives some of the best/secure purchase I have seen.

Four to six weeks? Not bad really...

Also, the AD comes with a leather sheath, right? I really like kydex...has anyone made a kydex sheath for the AD? Anyone have a picture?

The AD is also one of my favorites and I love the feel
of the gull wing pattern handles, they are much grippier to me
than regular linen micarta. I know Buy Brown has made and is making the kydex sheaths for the AD, I think he has pics. on here
somewhere.

Thanks for this information! Makes me sure, I took a good choice, since I ordered an AD just 2 weeks ago. Fell in love with it when I saw it the first time here in the forums. Now I wonder how long it will take over the atlantic.

Hello!

Yes, indeed. The Active Duty is seems to be a beautiful, perfect EDC. Maybe even EDU :D. I also ordered one Active Duty Right Hand, SnakeSkin Canvas Nukarta, via Dirk Linnemeyer/Busse Germany.

How long will we have to wait for the knives to be shipped to Busse/Germany ... ?

Regards

Mark23

Back