Active Duty Variant???

Alright Y'all, need info!!!

I think ciew(Mark) had some of these for sale sometime back. I copied this pic of the Bay only to find out what this is officially.
Jerry are you looking at this. [I WANT ONE] PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!;):cool:

I think this is a fantastic blade/hilt design and am wondering why there not around more. I think Mark had the MNR, AD, and GW in the same style and design. This is an outstanding EDC knife.

Just not going to buy it there, screw-em!!!
Bj0IYgBGkKGrHqIH-CIEs8u4hQ9BLU8HWJE.jpg

i saw that and considered telling him it wasn't just "an active duty", but decided it wasn't worth the effort. anyone who knew what they were looking at would bid accordingly.

Is this the 2004 AD E?

Since the original Ergo handle design was abandoned in 2003, is this what became known as the AD E for 2004, or does the AD E have the traditional E handles despite being produced a year after they were discontinued?

No... It's an Active Duty Variant custom... Maybe sold at last year's Blade West? Basically it's got an AD style blade on a GW style handle as far as how it was ground. The snakeskin slabs are definitely Game Warden LE. Call it a hybrid. :)

That thing is awesome! What thickness?

My AD's don't get as much use, because I like the feel of the GW so much.

Now just to find one!

I saw a set just like that, AD, GW & MS. But they were all Bama Clay & SnakeSkin.

Hope you find one.

Les.

Here's the whole set. Got them from Knob Creek last year and I haven't seen any others like them. Hated to see them go...

attachment.php

cool set, they would be awful happy, one at a time or all three, talk about users, wonder if they will have those at blade???

Here's the whole set. Got them from Knob Creek last year and I haven't seen any others like them. Hated to see them go...

attachment.php

Thanks Mark!!! I new you had them and they sold, didn't remember to who.

Great set:thumbup:

Nice set there. What I really want is an AD handle, with a blade the length of the GW, but with the AD shape.

So basically I want a 3 inch bladed AD!

attachment.php

Man that's the ultimate small game/knife set. I'd love to have that set you'd have all the small game knife bases covered. :thumbup:

Back