Active Duty vs BAD

I'm wondering if the BAD is considerable better at slicing and fine cutting than the normal ad and milli ad?

On the flip side is the ad and milli ad that much stronger than the BAD?

So, overall which would make a better edc? Strength and good slicing vs slicing and less strength? Sorry if this is confusing - too much tea!!

:p

No spite intended... I'm serious - they are WAY different.

I'll get a photo for you.

I don't own a regular AD, but I do have a fat GW (0.27") and a BAD, and I have a noticed a big difference in cutting. Most of the tasks I usually use a knife for are for cutting, and the BAD is a serious slicer.

The GW on the other hand, I would feel more comfortable prying with, and it does cut well, but just by it's sheer thickness makes it less of a slicer.
... and it is also a lot lot heavier.

Hope this helps a little.

non taken !

I had a pic request going but I'd like to see yours! It's interesting how 2 knives that look so similar can yield a response from you that they are so different!

Okay, here you go:

ADs003.jpg

The BAD is the only knife from Busse I've ever had any protective thoughts for - in terms of the tip. The MAD is just stupid stout. Look how far down the spine it stays full thickness.

So as an EDC knife, the BAD is one of the all-time greats. If you're looking for more of a sharpened EDC piton, the the MAD would be hard to beat.

The BAD is like a heavy-duty Dozier. The MAD is a pocket-sized destruction tool. They are nearly polar opposites.

great comparison pic and I would agree with you. Thanks for your input

Here's one more spine reference shot, while I have the camera out:

spineref.jpg

110, Strider hollow SA, MAD, SAR Warden, BT Warden, MD Pack Rat, SE LMS, 0.20 MS, BAD, old-wave LMS.

The BAD is the best slicer Busse has made IMO.

At least, it's the best one I've held, and I've held a couple.

I just have the 'normal' AD,a older custom shop/SS, but it is a great slicer, but it is WAY closer to the BAD rather than the MAD, with the blade only being ~.04 thicker or so.

I would say, my most used Busse. Sees a lot of kitchen duty and EDC.

I treat it a bit rougher than my Sebbie, but not by much, both are tough knives for the thickness and the size.

Snag a BAD and don't look back.

Rob

For a normal EDC type knife, the BAD is one of my all-time favorites. I don't consider it fragile in a normal knife sense, but compared to my Game Warden or Meaner, I guess it MIGHT be considered that.

If you don't have a BAD, you really should try one. I'm betting you'll love it.

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Get both....or if you only want one AD get an origanal .150 saber or a pretty easy to find .170 flat grind. Both Stronger than a BAD and will slice better than a .195 milli.

If your like me you'll like the AD handle so much you'll want all three evenually.

Back