Active Duty

As the production cycle goes round they’re supposed to make another appearance.

Now that I’ve got a HD I can see the value of the AD, and I’d really like one with satin finish and snakeskin handles.

djolney said:

Now that I’ve got a HD I can see the value of the AD, and I’d really like one with satin finish and snakeskin handles.

djolney, any reason other than having more INFI to get the AD? Is the HD too heavy for EDC? Too thick? I was planning on getting a HD and would like to get as many opinions as possible. Thanks.

djolney said:
QUOTE]

Yeah, but you know what will happen right?
By the time the cycle gets around there will be new models to be introduced.
What to do then?

IMHO If you really want one, (and they are nice knives, my EDC) you might do well to check the aftermarket sales. :)

I dunno, the AD is a fine design as it is. :thumbup:

I hope it makes it back around. I get many inquiries about it at shows.

SNAFU said:
djolney, any reason other than having more INFI to get the AD? Is the HD too heavy for EDC? Too thick? I was planning on getting a HD and would like to get as many opinions as possible. Thanks.

For one, you could get the DCBB and Satin finish options. I personally have no desire to buy another coated blade.

Secondly, the thinner blade profile makes it feel livelier. It may be a more of a slicer, too. I really like the example that I have.

Rick

SNAFU said:
The HD is a great utility knife for around the farm, and I don’t think it is too thick.

Having used the HD a bit I now appreciate how comfortable the handle is, and how useful the HD/AD blade profile can be.

I think the AD would be good for the sort of fine work I currently use my Sebenza for. The HD can do any of this sort of work, but I’d like a Busse with the finesse of my Sebenza.

thatmguy said:
I dunno, the AD is a fine design as it is. :thumbup:

I hope it makes it back around. I get many inquiries about it at shows.

Mike, You know which one I want:D :D

djolney said:
The HD is a great utility knife for around the farm, and I don’t think it is too thick.

Having used the HD a bit I now appreciate how comfortable the handle is, and how useful the HD/AD blade profile can be.

I think the AD would be good for the sort of fine work I currently use my Sebenza for. The HD can do any of this sort of work, but I’d like a Busse with the finesse of my Sebenza.

If it's the large Classic Sebbie and the HD is just a thicker version of the AD, match the blades up. My AD and Large Classic Sebbie are close to an exact match in profile and length (blade). In fact, the AD is about 1/2" shorter than an open Sebbie.

If you like the Sebbie, you'll love the AD.

Rob

wetdog1911 said:
If it's the large Classic Sebbie and the HD is just a thicker version of the AD, match the blades up. My AD and Large Classic Sebbie are close to an exact match in profile and length (blade). In fact, the AD is about 1/2" shorter than an open Sebbie.

If you like the Sebbie, you'll love the AD.

Rob
Rob,

Thanks for that. Yes, it is the large classic Sebenza.

I was amazed how similar the blade profile was when the HD arrived.

Here’s hoping that the AD comes back soon.

David

Well, from what was said, it is to be the ONLY model NOT to be changed when it is re produced.

It is about perfect as is and really doesn't need to be changed in any way.

Mine is a DC/Snakeskin and is really quite nice. LOL That still doesn't save it from getting carried and getting used for stuff that I might feel iffy about using the Sebbie for.

It's not that much thicker than the Sebbie blade, but the feeling is that it will take much more than the Sebbie ever would. The HD must feel like a tank!

Rob

Bravado said:
Forget about that sissy skinny Chit and get youself an OD!

Hmm! OD goodness.

L to R: Uncle MoFo (.220"), HOFSH (5/16"), OD (3/8")

phatties3.jpg

Back