AD arrived...

Hi all,
I got my Ad just recently. It took a while, but finally I held her in my hands. Very nice little thing. I instantly called her "active cutie". Here she is.
Just a question: The edge ist symmetrically konvex grind. Is that new? When I ordered, There were options left and righthanded. I ordered lefthanded. But I'm glad about it anyway, its even better.
arno
174_p1672.jpg

Congrats. Glad you finally got it.

The Left and right hand reference is in regards to the sheath(since it is leather it isn't ambi like most of the other Busse sheaths)

The edge on the AD has always been symmetrical convex.

:D:D

Oookay, I understand. It was not the grind. I got a righthand leather sheath, and the kydex sheath is ambidextrous anyway. arno

Hi Arno,

the left-handed or right-handed options of the AD meant the sheath, not the grind.

Nice pic.

Dirk

Edit: Eric was faster.

Thanx, Jerry!
I just love those front talon holes, they're such a typical "bussish" detail.
arno

Arno Fey - where'd you get the sheath w/Tek Lok? I personally not too fond of the leather sheath that came with my AD.

Thanks,

Art

Yeah, who made that sheath? It looks like Brown but I've never seen a drainage hole on the very bottom like that.

Originally posted by Matteo Escobar
Yeah, who made that sheath? It looks like Brown but I've never seen a drainage hole on one of his...

I have a Brown, it has two eyelet holes in the bottom, no drainage hole?
That looks good anyway. :cool:

Hi,
I ordered that desert camo sheath together with the knife from Dirk Linnemeyer, Busse Germany. I think he has 'em made by Werner Lüttecken, THE german kydex man. You may check out www.bussecombat.de
Concerning the leather sheath: I like mine, though it's righthanded. I just shaped it a little more to a perfect fit: soaked it with warm water, then taped the knife's blade and pressed the sheath between two layers of 1" thick medium hard rubber foam around the AD. I may post a picture, when it's dried out.
arno

Originally posted by Arno Fey
Hi,
I ordered that desert camo sheath together with the knife from Dirk Linnemeyer, Busse Germany. I think he has 'em made by Werner Lüttecken, THE german kydex man. You may check out www.bussecombat.de

Hi Arno!

Werner´s work is real high-quality, ... but this sheath is not from him. :cool:

Dirk

Now, here's the modified AD leather sheath. I reshaped it, as written above, then worked a bit on the edge (not fully satisfied yet, needs some more smoothening), and punched a pattern.
arno
full_174_p1708.jpg

Originally posted by shindendojo
... but this sheath is not from him. :cool:

Dirk

Hi,

I think the kydex sheath was made by shindendojo aka Dirk Linnemeyer?!? ;)

catman

Back