AD or MS

How many here carry an AD or MS for edc? What kind of pants do you have? Which do you think makes a better edc?

I can't decide which one I want to seek out. Either one will get will used. Then its a matter of trying to pry infi out of hooves.

If funds allow, buy 1 of each and see which one you like the most. Sell the other one if you can figure out how to part with it or simply send it to me for safe keeping.

Seriously, one of the best features of Busse knives is that you can use the knife and most of the time sell it for at least what you have in it and can do so very quickly. I've done this several times and can buy, test and sell it before the credit card bill comes in. :thumbup:

I think you'll be happy with either one. NOTE.... The AD is the same thickness as the leaner meaner, while the meaner is thicker. For smaller blades like this, I prefer a thinner blade, So, I'd have to recommend an AD or the LMS.
Good Luck!

I carry my Heavy Duty most every day, and my Meaner Streets every now and then. From many years experience with my CS Active Duty, its about the biggest knife around here that wont attract unwanted attention, and I'm in Texas which is supposed to be very conservative. :eek: the Meaner Street is a little too agressive for some sheep. ;)

That said, I've had most success with low profile sheaths, nothing sticking out too far from your body to attract and/or hang on things. Tek loks are cool but they tend to make the sheath stand out from the body a little too far. High ride is good, as long as the handle is away from the ribs, and the ability to cant the rig forward or rear at will is a good thing. Sitting, standing, stooping, all seem to require a different angle so the handle doesnt bite.

Materials are mostly personal taste, both have their advantages. But neither is superior to the other.

Here's one I can answer. Although not feasible to EDC them (work issues), when able, I carry the MrS in a Randall-style pouch that I got from LeatherHog. I like the heft of it better than the AD.

armoralltwinsfront.jpg
armoralltwinsback.jpg

Nice rbmcmjr! Yep- definitely need both- haven't seen anybody looking to part with an AD for awhile tho. Thanks for the pics, nice pants!

I just read a review of the AD and it said the blade is only 2.5inches? Is that true? and the Ms is 3.5inches? Is that the same as the heavy duty length?

No, the AD is 3.5" and the Meaner/Leaner is 4" roughly.

I like the Leaner and Meaner better than the AD - because of the handle length - about an extra 1/2" -- and the extra width. I'm not sure why, but it just feels more solid in hand (especially the Meaner).

Leatherman is right though - the AD/HD is less "aggresive" looking and more sheeple friendly -- and much easier to conceal altogether. I think if i couldn't carry the leaner or meaner, i'd go w/the HD and just work real hard to put a killer edge on it.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I have 3 AD's and love all of them. I don't have a LMS, but I'm sure it would also serve you well.

My vote goes to the AD though, mainly because it fits my hand well and that is what I'm used to

:D:D

Nyet. The AD/HD/OD all have 3.5" blades and the MrS/LrMrS have 4" blades.

Back