• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Add a dangler / removable dangler to your sheaths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
Here is a unique product that will allow you to add a removable dangler to your sheaths.

Most sheaths have a D-Ring installed that is permenant. Even if it comes with a Chicago Screw type closure - and you take this dangler off - you are stuck with the D-Ring left on the sheath. It is unsightly and unecessary.

Enter the removable D ring!

RemovableDanglerSale005.jpg

Normal Welded D-Ring on the left and the removable D-Ring on the right - the pin on the bottom is threaded and comes out for easy installation and removal.

To replace your D-Ring the first thing you need to do is to remove your Dangler. I install mine with Chicago screws so you can simply unscrew yours if you have one:

RemovableDanglerSale002.jpg

If you do not have one - use a hack saw blade and carefully slide the blade into the sandwiched leather portions that hold your dangler together. If you take your time you will only cut the rivet holding your dangler together and not the leather itself. You will need a Chicago Screw to replace this Rivet (see below)

Once removed - you have two routes you can take. Rotate the D ring until you see the welded portion - simply use a hack saw to take that welded portion apart - pry apart with a flat head screw driver - and remove.

If you do not have the ability to rotate your D-Ring (as I did not on this sheath of mine) simply cut the ring where you can, being careful not to cut the sheath. You may find a Rotor Tool with a cutting wheel helps here.

RemovableDanglerSale003.jpg

RemovableDanglerSale004.jpg

Once removed - slip the open portion of the new D-Ring on to the sheath - slide the pin through the wider hole and tighten it down!

RemovableDanglerSale006.jpg

Here is what mine looked like when it was complete:

RemovableDanglerSale007.jpg

RemovableDanglerSale008.jpg

RemovableDanglerSale009.jpg

There is plenty of room for the dangler and sheath to rotate and it functions just like your old D-Ring - only removable.

But wait - there is more!

If you have a sheath that has a one-inch belt loop or less and would like to add a dangler to your sheath - I can make a dangler for you, and then you have a removable dangler, with Chicago Screw added to your existing sheath!

I have done this with JRE sheaths - and it works perfectly.

I have done stength tests on this model and have had little problem with its strength. In fact, I have tested a sheath to stitch failure before the D-Ring failed (it never did).

Products and Charges:

If you simply need a D-Ring:

$3 for each - Price breaks for multiples ordered + Shipping to be added depending on location.

If you need a Chicago Screw to replace a rivet - add $1.

If you would like me to make you a dangler (I will do my best to match the color of the leather stain based on your pictures) $15 dollars + shipping.

e-mail and paypal at jmoulenbelt(AT)hotmail[dot]com

Thanks,

TF

TF,
I'll take a dangler with D ring. PM me the price for shipping to Houston, TX. I'll email a pic of the sheath to match
Thanks,
Terry

Hi Tal,
I am interested in a few of those removeable rings, and a leather dangler.
PM to follow.

Hey mate, sent you a message last week about making a dangler for me- are you still doing these? thanks, CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back