Advertising (with slight humour -- and I mean slight)

Sal,

Have you all ever thought about doing some advertising on TV? I see Leatherman is doing it these days.

Maybe, you could do a Mentos-like comercial.

In can see it now...

A woman gets a package. She is obviously flustered she can't get it open. Some onlookers watch on helplessly. Then she remembers her Dragonfly and opens the package. Everyone smiles.

"Spyderco -- the Sharpmaker"

smile.gif

I'm sorry, I really am...

*sigh*

Clay

------------------
Clay Fleischer
cdfleischer@yahoo.com

"10,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Finally a Mentos commecial I could appreciate.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Clay - actually, we just finished our first TV commercials. We did the original test in Colorado Springs just before Christmas. Denver aired in January. We'll be airing in Atlanta during the SHOT show. (begins Sunday). We're sceduled for Oregon in April. Still checking out for March.

Three separate commercials that run in sequence. (about 2 or 3 days each). We'll be showing them at the SHOT show booth. Two goals: 1) try to offset the fear and stigma attached to knives. 2) Show Spyderco performance and variety. So far reaction has been good. Too soon to tell for sure. Expensive! We think very professionally done. Hope you get to see them.
sal

Sal, make sure you get RealVideo and Quicktime versions so that people can put them on their websites for downloading, it's another way to spread the advertising.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Yea! Good idea, Spark. That way we can e-mail the videos to our non-knife-loving family, friends, and acquaintances. A great way for us to be more politically active about our hobby, and a convenient way to spread the good news. Will you do that, Sal?

Back