Advice Needed - Quiet Carry Vanax Drift EDC Folding Knife

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, I hope it's okay if I ask this here! If not, please direct me to where I should ask instead.

My father passed away last month and I found this among his possessions. Based on the descriptions I read online, I think it might be a Quiet Carry Vanax Drift: https://quietcarry.com/collections/the-drift/products/the-drift-kn

I don't have any emotional attachment to it and would like to sell it. It seems like a very nice knife, and it's in excellent condition. Besides, I think it would be in better hands with someone who can appreciate it and properly care for it.

My question is, where should I sell it? What price should I ask? Thank you for your advice, I greatly appreciate it.

95150523_653771468538052_2839113377115013120_n.jpg

You need to purchase a gold membership to ask for pricing or value. The good thing is a gold membership also allows you to sell it on the bladeforums exchange.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your father.

That looks like an awesome knife. The blade steel is Vanax Super Clean, which is my opinion is the best stainless blade steel going and very hard to find. It's very fine grained and easy to sharpen. Takes a killer edge.

A couple have been sold on the for-sale subforum here, but -- sadly -- the sellers chose to remove the sales price, an anti-consumer practice that has become common here. I don't see any on Ebay.

The retail price was just over $300, so that's probably your only guide at this point. I have no idea what it's worth on the resale market, especially in this pandemic.

Personally, I'd keep it just because it's such a good knife and the steel is so awesome. Your father must have known about knives.

Good luck.

Sorry for your loss. You could spring for a gold membership and use that to sell the knife here. You could also choose to carry on with something your father may have cared about. Join us here on Blade Forums and learn a little about pocket knives.

Back