Advice on sheath making plz

Hello. I got a GI Tanto and a Bushman gifted to me with no sheaths. I was thinking about making a sheath as I do not feel need to spend 3 times the money for kydex than either knife is worth. I was curious if anyone is familiar with pvc sheaths as I can easily obtain that or if there is a cheap way to make some sheaths for a novice who has no experience in sheath making? I also have some craft leather but I hear it is very hard to work with leather.

I have just looked on Ebay and Kydex seems to be roughly 3 times the cost of the value of my blades. I have no Idea how much materials go for.

Not sure what prices your finding but for my customers and with the Knives I sell I charge $35 for a Kydex sheath for a knife and that’s with a paracord wrap which allows you to attach it to your belt or whatever. Plus add shipping cost, I eat the PayPal fees but I’d also have to have the knife in hand for the molding process.

Hello. I got a GI Tanto and a Bushman gifted to me with no sheaths. I was thinking about making a sheath as I do not feel need to spend 3 times the money for kydex than either knife is worth. I was curious if anyone is familiar with pvc sheaths as I can easily obtain that or if there is a cheap way to make some sheaths for a novice who has no experience in sheath making? I also have some craft leather but I hear it is very hard to work with leather.

If you will go up to the stick section of this forum to Tutorial and WIP Links, and read the tutorials, you will see that working with leather is not that difficult. If you already have some leather, and you pay close attention to the tutorial, The Frugal Leather Craftsman: Basic Tools, you should be able to build a couple usable sheaths for not a lot of additional money.

O.B.https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tutorial-and-wip-links.1263959/

Back