Advice requested....

So..., some of my favorite CS folders (LSH, Mackinac Hunter, Broken Skull) ride so deep in my jeans pocket that they can be difficult to retrieve. For the models without lanyard hole, I have considered making a finger loop out of paracord to put inside the clip to assist with drawing the knife. Has anyone tried this??? Could this damage the clip or strip the screws over time? Any opinions or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

not the perfect solution but what I've done in the past is.....

take 6 inches of paracord, loop it and tie it off leaving about an inch long tail on back of the knot... pull the cover back and cut the guts out of that section of paracord so it lays flat.....take the screws out of the pocket clip, lay the flat part of tail across the screw holes, put clip back on and screw screws back into clip and handle THRU the flat layer of paracord...

This should have the flat 1 inch tail of paracord on the loop sandwiched between the handle scale and the pocket clip and held pretty securely leaving you with a 2 inch loop type lanyard pretty solidly attached to the knife ( only works for tip up carry knives )..... burn the end of paracord to keep it from unraveling and attach any beadwork you appreciate and you should be in business....

e9bb2d2d668e238ad172edf99fed65f2.jpg
Putting a lanyard under the clip won't hurt it at all. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

If you don't want to go the lanyard way, go with a pocket insert. They make nice ones for sale out of leather, or you can go the cheap route and make it yourself. Cut a back pocket out of some old jeans, glue a flexible plastic stiffener inside (like a cheap 3-hole binder cover), and leave enough space open to clip the folder onto the plastic and denim sandwich. The knife is protected in its own little inner pocket inside a pocket, and you can choose how deep it rides by cutting off the top of the pocket as much as you like. The width of the insert keeps it in place when you take the knife out, too.

Back